Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

mini or PM5?

echo34

Jul 19, 2006
are invert mini's any good? how do they perform compared to a PM5? would it be better to buy a UL frame for my PM5 or get a mini?

RainbowShooter

Drop the gun, fat boy.
Oct 12, 2006
St Albans, Hertfordshire
Mini or that PM7 you wanted, when your next down to bricketwood ask someone if you can have a game with their mini to try it out, you will find it sooo much lighter than your current PM5.

echo34

Jul 19, 2006
ok, im not going to bother with the PM7, it isn't worth the £££

RainbowShooter

Drop the gun, fat boy.
Oct 12, 2006
St Albans, Hertfordshire
yeah, ed it depends if you want to carry on with proto guns etc but before you buy anything use someone's mini at training as some people don't like the way that the grips are arranged.

Magic_8ball

$outh $ide
Sep 24, 2005
Probably Licking AL France...
Visit site
I would thoroughly recommend the mini if you're looking for a small/light set up. I recently sold my PM5 and when posting it out I actually held it and compared it to my mini and the difference is phenomenal. I prefer the feel of the grip and trigger more on my mini too, but thats largely down to personal preference.

What I would recommend is definately trying out both guns. If you're near Brickets Wood as someone mentioned I think, then MK Storm train there regularly and all seem like a great bunch of guys, I'm sure one of them would let you have a hold of a mini if you asked them. With regards to trying an Ultralite PM5, there don't seem to be many around, so you could just use any gun with an UL frame on it and imagine it a bit heavier and bigger :)

Magic_8ball

$outh $ide
Sep 24, 2005
Probably Licking AL France...
Visit site
you can have a look/play.
And after that he might let you use his matrix.. tee hee.. :p

The UL frame is extremely comfortable to hold and incorporates all the fire moods you could (legally) desire. However, it will not make a massive difference to the overall weight of your marker, it will still be considerably larger and weighteir than a mini. It really comes down to what you are looking for in a marker.

echo34

Jul 19, 2006
quite a lot of reviews say that the mini has many technical problems, and breaks a lot, does anyone know if this is true?