MM,whats it going to take??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jammysexgod

Back player by design.
Jul 3, 2002
Birmingham
www.freewebs.com
what a brilliant day ive had. started crap (due to our performance!) but got a hell of a lot better. well done the MM crew.

today was the first time in a captains meeting that i have had to listen to blakey warn captains about their teams `starting` on the fields with marshalls/other players. he even mentioned banning such teams. some ppl had the balls to apologise infront of all the other captains for what happened at the last event. fair play.

never in my dreams did i actually believe that i would witness a player going up to another player and punching him in the back of the head while his back was turned. not just one punch, but followed the first up with another couple after the guy had fell into the netting. the player who was attacked, who was guesting for Panic Attack, had the common sense not to retaliate and let the marshalls/players pull the other guy off.

after everything the lads do at MM for us and the sport, is this to be expected??

the game can be dangerous enough without having to look over your shoulder to see if some mad man is going to twat you one.

its a game.

Shuck

Snoring Machine.......zzz
Jul 13, 2001
SoTees
Visit site
My god, I was not at the tourney today so have missed out on all that happened.

I am sure that Blakey will follow through on his words at the captains meeting and 'discipline' the teams involved.

Walker (Nitro)

Who's Maria?
Jul 8, 2001
SoNotts
That was bang out of order what happened, i give eddy credit for not retaliating though, i heard what happened, and i would have found it very hard to not to plant anyone that did that to me......

the player in question should be punished, i do believe they are on thin ice anyway......

FAMINE

Pretty boy
Jul 10, 2001
Cambridge
www.teamapoc.co.uk
I sat just 20ft from this incident. And was truly disgusted. The player throwing the punches actually threw his marker in disgust, walked away the turned around and went back to attack. A good 20-30 seconds had elapsed between the initial incident and the attack. Now thats not just aggresion of getting shot. He had time to think of his actions then react. And that disgusted me.

Yeah players shout and scream at each other. the odd push and shove. But this was a physical repeated attack. I think both sides need prestenting to the disciplinary commitee and if found to be wrong the player attacking should be banned from MM events and his name passed on to other organisers to do the same.
If that was one of my team mates getting assaulted I would be looking to press criminal charges as well.
I think this needs a thourgh investigation, and wheter it upsets sponsors or people we need to find out what we actually wish for our sport.

All the best to Panic attack and congrats on the win, Will not mention the attackers name, but you are an utter disgrace to our sport. Grow up and play to the same rules as every other player.

J

D6

Jun 21, 2002
Nakatomi Plaza
I was marhaling on the field when the said incident happened- all I can say is that a disciplinary committee will decide the outcome of this occurence.

Shuck

Snoring Machine.......zzz
Jul 13, 2001
SoTees
Visit site
Part of me thinks a name and shame exercise would help here, coupled with a ban from all major tourney circuits in the UK for a year. If we come down hard now, it will show the standards we are aiming to keep. Make an example of them and I am sure people will think twice next time, when the red mist appears.

Violence is bang out of order and there is no excuse for it in paintball.

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
Word of warning to the unwise
Assault is a criminal offence
on or off the field of play
Shout as much as you like
but as soon as you use violence
expect to suffer the consequences.
There is no defence for such conduct.

PSK1

Oct 1, 2002
Oxford
www.taggedgear.com
Ban them, well out of order and the team in question are bad loosers and cause trouble at every event. I know for a fact that they have few friends in paintball now and many teams have considered not playing against them anymore.

Respect to Eddie for being so professional and not reacting, thankyou in advance to the midland masters crew for banning this team I know you realise that they are just damaging the image of our sport and the series.

Thanks

Godlike player

May 12, 2003
kent uk
Visit site
Why do always in these instances people come on and say how out of order it all was but never say who it was, occurances like these are serious and should be known by all the paintball comunity

McD

Feb 27, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by Godlike player
Why do always in these instances people come on and say how out of order it all was but never say who it was, occurances like these are serious and should be known by all the paintball comunity
I dont know if theres a rule against not naming the player or team but frankly after what that idiot did i dont have a problem with it the team was rps viper (think it was black) unfortunatley dont know the players name but it was one of the young ones the thing that really annoyed me was that the team captains (or atleast i got the impresion thats who they were) were trying to defend his actions saying he got over killed when the player at NO point in the game had his hand on his head and didnt take more than five or six shots and when your getting mugged by two people running different tapes of the field has to be expected because without a hand on the head the second mugger thinks the first missed. (my 2 p):(

Status
Not open for further replies.