Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

More testing

Stark_Cyc

Jun 8, 2005
Visit site
Well for me alot of the things where too overal.

No recording of fps for shots at target

Review started first with that this isnt an gun test but then advertised performance on Micro later on comparing to Luxe. They could have used blow pipes all that it matters if fps is the same and you have decent barrel.

Comparing to only one 68caliber paintball. What weight did they have and was .68 caliber any good? Comparing only 10 shots in first tests is imho not enough.

We all know already depending ofcourse on paint that .68 caliber splat size is larger. Still they mesured grouping from the edge of splats "when measured from the outer edges of the two splats furthest apart". So that will ofcourse make some difference in numbers and specially on tighter groupings.

As for the range test they shot burst with no fps recording so you can easily have large differences on shots with spool valve if everything isnt workin as it should. Also instead of just shooting randomly over ground I would have rather seen shooting at a target where you can also more easily see drop and verify ballistic calculations that we have. Something in the lines that Carterd did. Also if doing accuracy / drop off tests indoors isnt a bad idea specially if you do it for long ranges.

That whole shooting at a tree behind brush was just some random shooting with way too many variables.

There are two more articles comming out from X3 and there are still alot of things they didnt go trough starting from how well the paint breaks in different situations.

I'm sure when the paint and equipment comes more available we will get alot more data on the subject.

www.cyclone.ax

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy
Good test for the .50cal there, nicely done by Bryce and Cockerpunk.

Looks like .50 cal is slightly more accurate at closer ranges. A bit worried about the bouncing but that said weve all seen bounces from .68cal before. For me the main area where .50cal can blow .68cal out of the water is price. If its significantly cheaper (Piper were your prces the RRP I can't remeber?) then for some this will be the deciding factor.

As for performance, it doesnt seem to be any better than .68cal but is it any worse?

Cant wait to try some and find out for myself.

Stark_Cyc

Jun 8, 2005
Visit site
As to bouncing more, difficult to say yet. We have to wait more of the paint and possibly different brands to get around. What we do know is that you dont get the same range with the weight .50 cal has atm. Has to be seen if it makes much difference in practise and if .50 cal bounces more easily at longer distances.

www.cyclone.ax

3L1TE hax

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2009
In the first link where it says 'While PaintballX3 does not have a crystal ball, what we do have are editors who have played the game for many years'

that is supposed to be irony rather than an actual mistake right?