Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Morph Fire - Turning your marker into a plinker

NinjaSquirrel

Apr 19, 2013
Kincraig,Scottish Highlands.
Seen this on Facebook today.I think the original article can be found on X3 website.

So,whats your thoughts?For me personally coming from an airsoft background,I think its a wicked idea.It kinda covers the grey area associated with airsoft in the UK,meaning you wont have to buy a multi-coloured BB gun till you get your 2 months at a skirmish site,and your UKARA membership.On the other hand,it does open up a whole new can of worms regarding the law.

Reactions: Garideon

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
No grey area for airsoft in the uk
With the VCRA the law is not about airsoft but about realistic imitation firearms (rifs)

So if it's not considered a RIF then under the VCRA you don't need the airsoft skirmisher defence, and two-tones therefore aren't required for a non airsoft skirmisher
If it is considered a RIF then two tone would still be required - the offence is to import, manufacture or sell a RIF without establishing the buyers VCRA defence

The grey area comes into other items that may or may not be considered rifs.
When a number of chief constables got together for a mini study and visited rap4uk no one would be surprised that try decided that they found rifs. What would surprise people is they decided that people may consider any of rap4uks paintball guns, including basic tippmanns
They advised rap4uk to think about what if they returned on an official basis, therefore rap4uk brought in their own voluntary membership registration scheme (no embedding in the law as airsoft have for skirmishers)
Going by this I would say the mod is easily considered manufacturing a RIF and two tone would apply or a big fine & jail time

Last edited:
Reactions: NinjaSquirrel

NinjaSquirrel

Apr 19, 2013
Kincraig,Scottish Highlands.
Hmmmmm.I wonder what will happen with it if it does get sold over here?I had a quick nosey at their site and its not cheap.For $200 you could buy an RIF under the UKARA register.I guess we will have to wait and see.It is a nice idea though.