Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

My First Marker

Kippers

Sep 17, 2002
UK
Visit site
Hi Peeps

Spent over 3 weeks searching the net and reading old PGI issues and have finally decided on the Spyder Flash Classic From Planet Eclipse.

Couple of things i would like to know is what do you guys recommend as my first few upgrades to my marker?

And also what Hopper i should buy the Halo 'B' or a VL Rev? I know the Halo is more expensive but is it worth the money?

Any help will be much appreciated

Philip

Whip it out..
Mar 24, 2002
Ellesmere Port
Just go with the Revvy.

As for upgrades, there isn't anything that needs doing....its a newbie tradition to spend money upgrading stuff when it doesn't need to be done.

Smitty

Scenerio-DoItInTheWoods
Aug 29, 2002
Gainesville, FL
Visit site
Howdy,

For a spider I would go with an X-Board Revolution.

The only upgrade they may be worth it is a barrel. I would play with the gun a bit and see how it shoots before proceeding. Also, just because you see a barrel for $120 doesn't mean it is better than the one for $50 for recreational play.

rhino

Banned
May 4, 2002
Visit site
Spyders suck!!!!!! all they do is break, getta tippman 98 custom with an e-bolt. and one more thing, Spyders suck!!!!!!!!!

Reaver

www.intimidatorowners.com
Aug 26, 2002
USA
Visit site
Originally posted by rhino
Spyders suck!!!!!! all they do is break, getta tippman 98 custom with an e-bolt. and one more thing, Spyders suck!!!!!!!!!
Dude..................... mabey the tippe's are for you mabey not for him you guys are the kinda of people that use pressure to bend other people to your way let people be who they are.

SirJinks

Smoke 'em if you got 'em
Jun 21, 2002
Southampton
Visit site
Hey there and welcome to paintball.

Aside from a Revolution hopper (with xboard) and a barrel I would hold off from upgrading anything else until you've had a chance to play lots with it. After that you can decide what parts (if any) you need to upgrade to get your marker performing better.

NB Do be aware though that especially in paintball, there will be lots and lots of different after-market items which in reality won't really make much of a noticable difference to how your marker shoots (eg, volumisers on Angels).

chunk.Clan

Clan, back for 09.
May 12, 2002
Lanark.
may be this will help........

I have used the viewloader and the halo and both are brilliant. But you are probably best to stick to a viewloader as it fast enough to keep up with a spider.

As for rhino, HAVE A WORD WITH YOURSELF!!! Kippers has decided to spend his hard earned cash on a good starter marker.:mad: Tippmans are site guns.:D You are the one who should think about changing.:p

Dec 23, 2001
East of E-Numberia
Visit site
everyone had differant experiences with markers, and the fact that rhino thinks they chop all the time is probably due to his inability to use it properly

ive worked with spyders for a while, and whilst they ones im used to are VERY old, and mis treated, as long as they are clean, and oiled they will work pretty well.
i know alot of people who shoot spyders or clones, and they are happy with em.

now the spyder flash seems pretty good. an electronic spyder. just dont expect to keep up with an impulse or angel with it.
A barrel thats a better fit to the paint you use (im sure someone has recomendations if you can tell us what paint they use down your local site) and a hopper would be all id spend my money on. wait till youve played with it for a while.
then you will be able to spot any areas where it falls down, and upgrade accordingly

Once upon a time many moons ago a boucy chick used to go play tourneys in the woods with a very old tatty decriped site spyder not even a dottom line fitted.

Togther they walked up feilds shooting out flashy ballers with flashy guns and much swearing and muttering followed them ;)

They even fired hell fire togther no chops no smegs One day when the site's paint didn't arrive she even let the customers lose with her stash of hell fire after much sobbing and gritting of teeth.

No breaks in the barrel just lots of soup in the hoppers try as she might they couldn't get it into their heads not to shake the hoppers to check they still had paint :eek:

The moral of this story spyders are ok they do the job and when you grow up and move on then get a biger shinier toy :D

If your starting out or not planning on serious torney ball they will do you proud. I mean you never heard of the spyder cup in the states?

even though I am lusting after a shiney cocker I am still very fond of my old spyders;)

Sparklie