Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

My Marker line up and Paintball biography.

WalkonZone

-[ XrayHead ]-
May 27, 2002
London
www.walkonzone.com
My Marker line up and Paintball biography.

OK, here is the list of markers I have gone through. And a short conclusion.
Make of it what you will; I am only writing this as some history for me to reminisce on and a short run down of the marker trends through the years.

1. Phantom Tourney.
With all the add-ons. Silencer, scope, Bottom line, Kitchen sink (you get the picture).

2. Sterling STP.
This was one of my most accurate markers I have ever used after I had the tube ported by a guy in Harlow. This was a great pump and I only wish I had been able to get hold of it when the phantoms first came out.

3. Automag with Air America fitted.
This was a great gun and when I first had it, I could hose the field BIG time. Not many people had semi markers at that time let along air setup as well. I kept the Automag for around 4 years (I think). The only major problem I had with the gun was that it smashed paint big time and a pull through was not an option but a necessity. The accuracy was good but not as good as the Sterling pump.

4. Angel Mk1.
After coming back from working abroad and marshaling for my local site a guy turned up one day with a stock Angel. Well I had to have a rip on it and after that I was sold!!! So off I went to Planet and got myself a Junior Eclipse Angel Mk1. This came with no instructions at all (not even an explanation of how to crony the marker). Now I would have thought that the instructions are probably the most important part of a marker you purchase, especially as there are legal implementations if the gun is not running at the correct FPS. There is also the safety aspect to take into consideration as well.
I must say though the gun was set up S**T HOT. I added a turbo board and my paint bill went through the ozone layer. The trigger set up by planet was a dream to use.

5. Angel LCD.
After using the Mk1 for a wile the marker became more and more common on the paintball fields and the LCD hit the scene. I had an opportunity to sell my Mk1 and that intern made way for the LCD that had my name on it. I used the LCD for a couple of years and seem to replace all the parts (on warranty) apart from the barrel and body.
All though I was happy with the speed the marker could get paint out or the end of it, I was still not 100% sold and what with all the problems I was having the LCD had to go.
The safety and operational instructions I received with this marker were second to none and made the Old Testament seem a shorter read (A1).

6. Eclipse Cocker with Hinge frame.
I received my cocker at LPS after a long wait, and I was very pleased with the finish overall. The performance of the marker was A1. I can get this cocker to really rip some paint through the tube and the accuracy was as good as the Sterling pump I used back in the good old days. The marker lets me play a much more relaxed game as I only have to send 4 to 8 balls at the target before I can eliminate it, before with the Angel I was firing of say 40 and 10 more for good luck. At close range it is no hassle at all to take the player on the hopper or a barrel that is sticking out from behind the barricade. Unfortunately the marker again came with no instructions at all (safety issues concerned me yet again).
In all though the marker has been the best performing out off all I have used and the attention to detail is second to none. The only thing I would like to see happen with these markers is 1. A safety Manuel and instructions to be included in the shipping package and the addition of a safety catch being left on the gun.

As I do a lot of marshaling and this is always with the rental market I have safety as a number one priority on my list. How many times at your local field or tournament have you seen that player without his barrel bung or lift his goggles? And I am not talking about the rental player now!
Hope this article has been of some use to you all and feel free to hit my web site at Http://www.walkonzone.com

Lee B