Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

My thread was deleted and not sure why

Mag2.0

Mar 27, 2009
Despite my thread being deleted ive still had several pm's regarding DOT bottles people have, surely a transaction such as this would be placed better in the publics eyes??

Would my post require a scanned copy of my flight confirmation aswell as my current pi tested bottle with my username?? I mean, i have no shortage of pi tested bottles from fellow team mates.

Personally i think those concerned have gone alittle OTT and not considered the fact i also asked about travel insurance cover in a seperate thread.

Anyway, i have obtained what i required, but a proper explanation from the mod concerened via pm would have been nice rather than "non compliance with forumns rules" . The mods are supposidly respected members of the foumn and those in the know so alittle education to a new member (if i was one) would have been greatly appreciated, i mean the impression i get from other forumns is that a moderators responsibilities are not only of reading threads and enforcing their powers but to actually help and inform.

My apoligies if my thread comes across as alittle "sharp" but i feel my thread was entirely reasonable.

Hope to see and meet you all soon :)

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Mag, given the amount of traffic, it's pretty much impossible to get in touch with everybody that has a post or thread canned.

That's why we made this section of the forum. We presume everybody to know the rules, but if people have questions about the rules or why something was done, this is the place to go. So you did the right thing.

Piper

Administrator
Nov 25, 2001
Planet Piper away from you freaks!
Mag it is a grey area and one all of us mods have been debating between us, there are some of us that feel what you are asking for is outside of our rules, I am one of these people, my stance is simple......... It is illegal to fill it so therefore should be illegal to buy it from our forum.......... A few of the others (who are wrong) think you should be allowed to buy ask for it and buy it.

That being said the rules at this time do state fit for purpose and if taken to the law, buying a DOT bottle from the UK does fall into the not fit for purpose rule.

So you are correct Lump should have sent you a PM when he deleted it.......... But then again if you read the rules (and I am not saying you did not) then maybe the situation would not have come up. However we are all human and make mistakes, you made the biggest one because your not a mod and we are always right! Well I am some of the mods are often wrong...... Buddha being one of them :D

Anyway at least you are sorted and sorry if you feel annoyed but we all live and learn.

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
Personally i think those concerned have gone alittle OTT
you made the thread, instead of dropping me a pm ? and i would have answered your question.

Anyway, i have obtained what i required, but a proper explanation from the mod concerned via pm
selling via pm is also against site rules. so it seams cear to me that you need to have a look at the rules. and again why could you have not dropped me a pm ?

The mods are supposidly respected members of the foumn and those in the know so alittle education to a new member (if i was one) would have been greatly appreciated, i mean the impression i get from other forumns is that a moderators responsibilities are not only of reading threads and enforcing their powers but to actually help and inform.
then go and ask the MODs on the other forum how they deal with rule breakers ? and sorry but " jog on " :)

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Despite my thread being deleted ive still had several pm's regarding DOT bottles people have, surely a transaction such as this would be placed better in the publics eyes??

Would my post require a scanned copy of my flight confirmation aswell as my current pi tested bottle with my username?? I mean, i have no shortage of pi tested bottles from fellow team mates.

Personally i think those concerned have gone alittle OTT and not considered the fact i also asked about travel insurance cover in a seperate thread.

Anyway, i have obtained what i required, but a proper explanation from the mod concerened via pm would have been nice rather than "non compliance with forumns rules" . The mods are supposidly respected members of the foumn and those in the know so alittle education to a new member (if i was one) would have been greatly appreciated, i mean the impression i get from other forumns is that a moderators responsibilities are not only of reading threads and enforcing their powers but to actually help and inform.

My apoligies if my thread comes across as alittle "sharp" but i feel my thread was entirely reasonable.

Hope to see and meet you all soon :)

To register on this forum you must agree to a set of terms of use, the little box you tick, and part of that is that you read and abide by the rules.
This is one of the biggest and most certainly the best FREE paintball forum and resource on the net.

It never fails to astound me how the UNPAID mods who do this out of the goodness of their hearts of stone, seem to attract comments like yours above. If you feel so strongly that other forum's Mods are better than the ones here then in the words of my esteemed colleague, Mr Lump,

" jog on " :)