Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Need help. Luxe 2.0 vs Eclipse GEO 3.1

7SunLike

Banned
Nov 11, 2014
Hey.
So the question is what is better Luxe 2.0 or Geo 3.1?
I initially wanted to afford luxe 2.0 and did not even consider Eclipse. But then see what happens at my friends, problems with Luxe that all the praised that it breaks down, I began to think about something else. And found the GEO 3.1. The reviews Geo 3.5 is generally considered one of the coolest guns. I think 3.1 is not much inferior to him. So the question is that it is better to take for the first gun?
And as far as I understand luxe 2.0 and geo 3.1 are one level guns or not?
Peace to all!

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
both are very similar, i'd say luxe shoots nicer than the geo 3.1, but the geo uses an oled board and can be adjusted without opening the gun, unlike the luxe which needs grips removed to change settings. not an issue for a lot of people but worth considering.

luxe does however come with a freak barrel as standard, so if you want different insert sizes they are much cheaper than buying shaft barrel backs from eclipse.

geo 3.1 comes uses the AT pipe which avoids problems with using the extra internal orings the luxe uses, and also the geo regulator comes apart by hand so its easier to maintain than the luxe.

quick word on efficiency though, 3.1 is better, and the 3.5 is even better again than the luxe. Not to mention the 3.5 is just as nice shooting as the luxe in my opinion.

in short, luxe is a better shooter than 3.1 but more of a pain at times as well!

Reactions: 7SunLike

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
thank you for oppinion!)

And about what regulator you talk?
The luxe regulator has 2 small screws that need to be removed in order to access the regulator as well as 2 massive Allen keys which don't come with the gun as far as I'm aware. Again, accessing the regulator isn't something that needs done every time you play, but just makes it take a little longer when cleaning out out every so often.

alexd

http://essexaces.co.uk
Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
I have a Geo 3.1 with the Ivy Core (so similar to the 3.5) it's very good. I also have a GSL which the 3.1 with new core feels as good

Had limited exposure to LUXE, but also a solid choice. The LUXE tends to retain resale if that is important to you

In reality. neither will be a poor choice. The recommendation is always to try a marker as the feel is a subjective decision

Oct 5, 2002
Sauf Koast
I ditched my luxe for a 3.5. Granted I bought my luxe second had and had nothing but trouble. With the 3.5 I just know it's going to work. Shot wise on the field it's barely any different and I don't have to worry about running out of air seeing as 3k is the norm now domestically.

wiggles01

Old and broken
Jun 3, 2010
Colchester
www.externalwallservices.co.uk
Having had most geo's and luxes I can honestly say the all shoot well and it is the paint that makes the difference to me which will either win or lose you kills on the day.

The early luxes were more of a problem to set up but once they were running no issues at all, my luxe 2.0 never had any issues at all.

To be honest I think I got more kills with my axe shooting evil paint a few seasons ago so whatever marker you buy make sure you keep plenty back for the best paint you can get hold of and that will make the biggest difference.

My GSL is by far the best planet marker to date I have used , I also have one for sale / trade as I will be shooting luxe again next season.

Hope that helps and sorry for the shameless sale promotion...lol

W