Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Need help with a seller

G

Gassy

just be careful of the data protection act - it's nonsense but if you find someone that owes you money and the info's been tricked out of them or not come from a publicly available source you can land yourself in all sorts of trouble.
All information is freely available from Google etc..
You just have to know where to look.

BaconDude

Rawr.
Dec 3, 2010
High Wycombe
Electoral Register will have everything. So that's all irrelevant really.

And also last I checked the Data Protection Act was in place to keep checks on places like your gym so that your info was secure.

But since that's his FB add a bunch of his friends and ask them for his number / address.

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Anything in the public domain is fair game but I sue debtors for a living and you have to be really careful where you get info from and what you do with it, it doesn't just apply to businesses and it doesn't just apply to electronic data.

From what no-inferno mark was posting it appeared the information would be coming from a source not publicly available such as a police data base, if that's the case the friend is breaching the act looking up the information for something that isn't directly related to the reason they have access to it (i.e. to do their job), anyone he passes the information to who uses it is also in breach of the act even if they don't know how he got the data - max fine has just gone up to £1/2m.

Trust me on this one, I actually know what I'm talking about for once.

BaconDude

Rawr.
Dec 3, 2010
High Wycombe
Anything in the public domain is fair game but I sue debtors for a living and you have to be really careful where you get info from and what you do with it, it doesn't just apply to businesses and it doesn't just apply to electronic data.

From what no-inferno mark was posting it appeared the information would be coming from a source not publicly available such as a police data base, if that's the case the friend is breaching the act looking up the information for something that isn't directly related to the reason they have access to it (i.e. to do their job), anyone he passes the information to who uses it is also in breach of the act even if they don't know how he got the data - max fine has just gone up to £1/2m.

Trust me on this one, I actually know what I'm talking about for once.
Good to have someone who knows what they're on about lol.

I'm pretty ignorant of the act but the little I did know about it is what I posted.

The info I've got about him has been gained through the obvious - Electoral Register and facebook. It's amazing how much info you can get on someone using those two things!

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Yep people put all sorts of stuff about themselves online - I'm glad because it saves me spending money on tracing agents.

Unfortunately I had to read the data protection act end to end - the goverment don't half know how to make stuff dull to read!

odins-sidekick

SPARTANS!!
May 15, 2011
manchester
Thanks for all the helpful tips guys,think I'm just going to go to the police and let them do there jobs.
Hopefully my mistakes are a lesson for everyone out there and I can get my money back.
And all I wanted was a new mask and air system.lol.
Thanks again to all the mods for there help.
Will let you all know if I hear anything from the police.

odins-sidekick

SPARTANS!!
May 15, 2011
manchester
A little update for everyone, juniorbones older brother has emailed me saying that he has been taken into hospital and that the older brother is going round on Thursday evening to pick up the items for everyone he has sold them too and post them on Friday morning.
Will let you know if this happens.
The brother was very apologetic and didn't want any police involved.
Thanks again mods, hopefully this will be resolved.

Reactions: Bolter and Gassy

Shadlad

Platinum Member - Lifetime
Aug 16, 2006
Newcastle
A little update for everyone, juniorbones older brother has emailed me saying that he has been taken into hospital and that the older brother is going round on Thursday evening to pick up the items for everyone he has sold them too and post them on Friday morning.
Will let you know if this happens.
The brother was very apologetic and didn't want any police involved.
Thanks again mods, hopefully this will be resolved.
I know this was posted awhile ago, but ain't you meant to wait for the goods before you hospitalise him ?