Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New Empire Prophecy or second hand Dye Rotor?

Ali

gunnin down fools in style
Jun 23, 2007
huddersfield
i personally havnt used a prophecy, but from team mates i've seen the feedneck snap too often, where as i have heard no such thing about a rotor, battery life is great too, the profile, looks etc its all good :)

foot

Now I originate.............
Jan 6, 2009
Crystal lake
Having owned both i sold the rotor to buy a prophecy, and i prefer it, no jams or breaks and the rf function makes it superb on batteries.

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
the speed feed actually keeps the balls in the loader, the fins on the dye seam to drop off and you will loose balls. the build and what you get for your money seams to be alot more with the Prophecy.

hello_moto

Feb 7, 2010
Birmingham
owned both; would personally recommend the rotor given its ease of use and quick strip down time.

having said that, the prophecy is notciably lighter than the rotor and has a far larger mouth so less (if any) ball spillage. Despite what people have been saying about the feedneck snapping, i never had that problem but then again, I did fork out £13 or so to get myself an aluminium feedneck shipped over from the States.

The Prophecy has a plethora of customizable settings and its ridiculously overpriced LTD upgrade board pretty much covers all the bases. Very easy on paint and reballs. The speedfeed is also pretty decent unlike its DYE counterpart.

However, I opted to go the Rotor route cos:-

a). insane battery life
b). ease of operation "single on/off button"
c). strips down in 20secs or less
d). everything else i had was pretty much DYE branded^^

if you get a 2nd hand rotor, try and make sure it is one of the later genereations with the velcro battery straps and sharkfin anti-jam paddle. The sharkfin update is a significant update IMO and really helps to unjam your jam.

In summary,

Prophecy vs 1st gen rotor (velcro battery straps update)....get a Prophecy
Prophecy vs 2st gen rotor (velcro straps + fin upgrade)....get the rotor