Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New here :D

gary:)

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2009
Oxford!
Woow right take it iv jumped in way to fast!!!! kinda putting me off knowing its matter of life and death!! :(

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2009
Oxford!
Totally dude, listen to that advice^^^ You're dealing with very high pressures here, and to do anything without knowing exactly what you're doing is potentially fatal. Gain some knowledge and experience before you start messing about with thousands of pounds of pressure. Buy an air bottle, and preferably not off of ebay (read this thread for an example of why not to http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=113595 ). Safety first my man :)

Thats mad!!!

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
It's perfectly safe, provided you know what you're doing, which is pretty simple tbh. So go to a walkon, have an awesome day 'balling with some other dudes, ask them loads of questions about filling bottles off of dive tanks, get someone to show you how to fill a bottle off of a fill rig at the site, and then when you've done that you can start thinking about that dive tank you got at home!

Oh yeah, before someone else says it, we're a bit anal about spelling and grammar here, so try to use a spell checker. Now go have fun you little scamp! :) :p

ps, keep asking questions on here if you're ever unsure of anything. I may have been a bit harsh, but I had your best interests at heart bro and we're a friendly bunch who will always try to help you out :)

chuckwood

Now back in Australia!
Aug 2, 2008
Adelaide, South Australia
Devrij is spot on there-safety first and you need to buy the right equipment!
Also, playing in someone's field is a no-no unless it is with permission and away from others.
Go to your local field in Oxford that does Walk Ons and look at what everyone else uses and a get a feel for the terms and learn how to fill up an air tank safely!

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2009
Oxford!
Yeah thanks guys and devrij!! i really wana get into paint balling so its worth doing it the right and safe way!! i really hope i didnt ofend anyone coming on thinking im already to go! im kinda glad i did and you stoped me and told me what the proper way is to go!!!!

i do have permission to use the fild its a big big farmers field! but ill hopefully find a sestion on hear see if there are any people from oxford on hear i could meet up with!!

again THANKS VERY MUCH!!!! i really am greatfull for the comments and help!

can anyone reckomend a 1st starter gun? or is the silver bullet a ok?

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2009
Oxford!
also anyone provide and more well trusted web sites??? i would still like to buy the air converting kit and take it along with me to one these walk ons

Jckk335_crazy

Always reads never posts
Mar 21, 2008
Durham in the North East
I wouldn't but the air converting kit as at walkons air is provided so I would just pop along and have a chat with the people that are there as in own ballers and marshals, they like the us on the forums will point you in the right direction of what you want, regarding kit i.e markers, masks, clothes and others also have a look at whats for sale on here.

niallist

SPS - First 9
Nov 2, 2008
London
i do have permission to use the fild its a big big farmers field! but ill hopefully find a sestion on hear see if there are any people from oxford on hear i could meet up with!!
Your enthusiasm is commended. ;)

However it's a really bad idea to start balling with your mates on an unregulated space. If something goes wrong then it could reflect badly on the whole scene. You need insurance, barriers to protect the public and a lot else besides. Have a look at this:

http://www.ukscenario.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6146

(apologies to the mods if I'm overstepping the linking rules)

the advice above is very good. I wouldn't even bother using your rig until you have spoken face to face with some experienced ballers. Preferably site owners.

I'm relatively new as well and have learnt a lot in a year (by no means everything) by asking questions, reading threads and listening to people.

No. 1: Safety first

No. 2: Safety first

Definitely first thing to do is get along to a walk on.

There are a few in herts, i don't personally know any in oxford. i'm sure there are some.

What are you looking to get into? Scenario or tournament?

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2009
Oxford!
Your enthusiasm is commended. ;)

However it's a really bad idea to start balling with your mates on an unregulated space. If something goes wrong then it could reflect badly on the whole scene. You need insurance, barriers to protect the public and a lot else besides. Have a look at this:

http://www.ukscenario.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6146

(apologies to the mods if I'm overstepping the linking rules)

the advice above is very good. I wouldn't even bother using your rig until you have spoken face to face with some experienced ballers. Preferably site owners.

I'm relatively new as well and have learnt a lot in a year (by no means everything) by asking questions, reading threads and listening to people.

No. 1: Safety first

No. 2: Safety first

Definitely first thing to do is get along to a walk on.

There are a few in herts, i don't personally know any in oxford. i'm sure there are some.

What are you looking to get into? Scenario or tournament?
hi thanks! problem Scenario then maybe down the line tournament??