Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

new marker

darkchat1

May 5, 2002
New Orleans, Louisiana
Visit site
Recently I have decided that through lack of good equipment at my field I want to buy my own gun. I would like a gun with good bps and that works well with nitrogen. I have been thinking of getting a Pi E-1 Black Dragun Electro, but I don’t know how good of a gun it is. I’m not gonna say any cliché’s about you were a newbie once, oops just did, but thanks for your replies.

Cube

M2Q'd eblade or the LV1...decisions, decisions
May 4, 2002
Warrington
Black Dragun.....sweeet

My other half has just bought one of these as a starter gun and it rocks. Apart from a couple of ball bursts and a split O ring it's been fine, (though I have heard things here about jammed hamers and bust regs).

Stick a new barrel on it, (Planet sold her the Exel barrel from dye) and it's fast and accurate.

Not bad for £260 including the barrel and everyone that has had a go loves it. Classic KISS engineering. The manufacturers actually recommend it being run on N2 presumably 'cause it shoots so quickly the 20oz freeze down and cause a drop in velocity.

No if only my beloved cocker could chuck paint that quickly and easily ;)

Julesbloke

Apr 11, 2002
Midlands, UK
Visit site
If you know the following, I apologize mate - dunno what level of play you're into. But something to consider is:

You need to check with your local field if they'll let you use the gun when you go.

It sounds like you play recball in a big group with site guns. If this is the case then it's unlikely they'll let you blast other paying punters with an electro marker while they are all using standard kit - it's a little unfair on them. Plus newbies could be put off/intimidated by you and the object is for them to have a fun day out on a level playing field.

Once you've got your own marker you'll have to look into "walk on" days. Where the site will reserve certain days for own gunners to play against each other. It's a lotta fun - you'll pick up a lot of good play tips, technical help etc Plus you'll find yourself staring down the barrels of other electro markers too :)

darkchat1

May 5, 2002
New Orleans, Louisiana
Visit site
I play at a woodball field in Louisiana. We play team ctf, army vs. army skirmishes, and so on... The reason I would like to get a marker is b/c so many people at the field have their own markers that are better then the rentals, so it makes it not fun for those of us who use the field rentals. In my opinion the field should make a time for those with their own markers to play and a time for the renters to play, but I’m not in control, so it doesn't matter what. I might suggest a few ideas to them to hopefully make it more fun for everyone.

Thanks for the replies guys any more would be greatly appreciated.

Julesbloke

Apr 11, 2002
Midlands, UK
Visit site
Cool - if they allow you to use your own marker then go for it.

I also think that you're right about it being unfair on the rental guys to let own gunners play against them.

Dunno much about the States but in the UK I think (and I may be wrong ;) ) that regular games are usually site guns only, with the own gunners getting their own days. Some sites will give the group organsier an upgraded gun or you can pay extra for an upgrade - I've got no problem with that if it's open to everyone on the day.

darkchat1

May 5, 2002
New Orleans, Louisiana
Visit site
I decided that I want the black dragon and looked into it, I don’t know exactly what I want to add to it but I know I want to get the following setup so far:

Pi E-1 Black Dragun
CROSSFIRE 68CI NITROGEN SYSTEM

That’s it. I can’t find a barrel that I want. Any suggestions on what upgrades I should get or what barrel I should get would be helpful. Once again my budget is $500 so keep that in mind.