Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New to Paintball......Again......

Steve1995

Dec 10, 2017
I was thinking of buying a Tippmann 98 custom to start playing paintball. I had never played paintball before, but I had played airsoft with friends years ago and loved it. Now that I much older and have a car and have the freedom to do whatever the **** I want, I want to get into paintball is it a good I idea to buy gear or rent. I'm most likely to go by myself to the field to play. Another question do I need to bring people in order to play paintball?
or do employee at the field assign team mix with strangers?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I was thinking of buying a Tippmann 98 custom to start playing paintball. I had never played paintball before, but I had played airsoft with friends years ago and loved it. Now that I much older and have a car and have the freedom to do whatever the **** I want, I want to get into paintball is it a good I idea to buy gear or rent. I'm most likely to go by myself to the field to play. Another question do I need to bring people in order to play paintball?
or do employee at the field assign team mix with strangers?
No need to copy/paste your post to various areas, we’ll find the post

To begin with don’t buy before you play, there’s an abundance of choice so wait at least until you’ve played once and ideally once you’ve played a few games and had some sight of what other people are using

For your first game go as a rental
Post up where you are from and someone can probably give you a local recommendation
Ideally go to a local independent site, this supports the independents, gives variation from the corporate sites such as Delta Force and an independent probably has a regular crowd and walkons for you to progress

You don’t need to bring others with you (it is better to go with friends and shoot your mates, but not essential)
The site staff will assign people to sides. If you were in a small group then you would probably play on the same side
Call the site to make sure they have people booked and to ensure you can join in with others (sometimes there may only be groups booked who want to just play among themselves as private groups)

Have a browse of this thread for a rough guide to the styles and costs of paintball

https://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/what-paintball-costs.153010/

When you’re ready walk-on is more geared up to individuals and meeting others, but is likely to be a shock to the system for your first game

Lewis Beswick

May 21, 2017
Mike Oldham owner of Morning Wood awesome team they play at CPPS he may be after players if your interested.