Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New to pump- Help!

piercee100

Feb 16, 2009
Hi, I got my hands on an old 1990 Sniper II a few years back and was planning on turning it into an autococker for kicks. I've decided I may try and play pump with it after all. I've never played pump before so where do I start? Where is it played? I'm in Kent.

I thought it was a pretty useless gun but discovered the red-loctite barrel could be removed so its a bit more accurate now. And I have a slight leak inside which I believe is the cupseal so I'm waiting for a valve tool. Any good places for parts?

What would be a good pump to buy as this one is getting on for 20 years old? My wife is looking at having a go as well as she's not really a tourney player but loves the woods and would like her own marker.

None of the other people I play with are interested in playing pump as they only want to play tourney's with their ego's. I just want to try something different. I'm kinda going it alone here!

Andygoth

Phantoms are still cool
Apr 14, 2008
Stafford
Stick with the sniper. It is cheaper.

Just about all autococker internals will fit inside a sniper. Much cheaper putting modern internals in a sniper than putting a pump on an autococker. One of my snipers now has a Supercharger valve set, Rex kit and a Hitman bolt.

Belsales can sell you Rex kits, bolts, valve sets and the like or there are often parts on ebay. Evil valve sets on there at the moment. Main thing to watch out for is the length of the bolt.

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
Pump scene is beginning to pick up in the UK. Watch the pump zone forum for details of events this season. There are several being run at both Holmbush and Campaign sites, neither of which will be that far for you to travel. Bit puzzled by the "I thought it was a pretty useless gun but discovered the red-loctite barrel could be removed so its a bit more accurate now." comment. Can you elaborate on this at all?

Ian Mac

Powerball
Jun 19, 2003
www.camouflagepaintball.co.uk
[/blatant plug] Funnily enough there is a pump day at Campaign next weekend, on Easter Sunday. You might even be in with a chance of winning a brand new pump gun, you keep the Sterling and pass the cocker to the missus [/ end blatant plug] :)

piercee100

Feb 16, 2009
The barrel original 1990 spec, seems very large for my paintballs (Which obviously rolled out of the barrel due to no detents). When shooting targets in my garden their was some serious curve balls- I could not hit a thing!. I couldn't unscrew the barrel and so I checked on the interweb that it was indeed removable. To undo the barrel I had to strip of the pump handle then use an oil filter spanner to undo it whilst holding the marker in a vice! Upon looking at the threads it was covered with red loctite which I then had to chip away. Tried a new barrel loaned by a friend and it fires lovely.
I thought it may have been so old that the barrel couldnt be changed and that would have pretty much made it useless.

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
[/blatant plug] Funnily enough there is a pump day at Campaign next weekend, on Easter Sunday. You might even be in with a chance of winning a brand new pump gun, you keep the Sterling and pass the cocker to the missus [/ end blatant plug] :)
Not if I win it first ;)

The barrel original 1990 spec, seems very large for my paintballs (Which obviously rolled out of the barrel due to no detents). When shooting targets in my garden their was some serious curve balls- I could not hit a thing!. I couldn't unscrew the barrel and so I checked on the interweb that it was indeed removable. To undo the barrel I had to strip of the pump handle then use an oil filter spanner to undo it whilst holding the marker in a vice! Upon looking at the threads it was covered with red loctite which I then had to chip away. Tried a new barrel loaned by a friend and it fires lovely.
I thought it may have been so old that the barrel couldnt be changed and that would have pretty much made it useless.
Ahh.. I see the dreaded loctite fairy strikes again. Glad you got it undone, that stuff can be a real PITA at times. Solid barrel on my 1st sniper pump rattled loose sometimes, so I fitted a thin o-ring to stop it winding out. Later bodies have a better thread fit, so it rarely happens nowadays. Hope to see you around at a pump day real soon.

piercee100

Feb 16, 2009
Its a shame I cant make it next week as I've got to work, but providing I can get a couple of weeks notice I'll be at the next one.

Has anybody on here tried the Kaos pump? Are they any good?

Charlie

Back to Plat!
Oct 22, 2001
Norfolk
Visit site
Never heard of a Kaos pump personally so can't help you there.

About other pump days, look for the Holmbush pump day thread. I played there years ago when I 1st started and it was still running pump tourneys and the site is awesome. I'm so glad they're starting up again, just wish I didn't now live in Norfolk!! lol. Thankfully thought they've planned a number of days throughout the year, unfortunately due to work I can only make 2 of them, but it'll be good to get down there and play again. Homlbush is just off the M23 if memory serves me correctly so not much further than campaign. I hope this helps and maybe see you at the May 17th pump day :)

Charlie

benjy85pb

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2008
West Sussex
Has anybody on here tried the Kaos pump? Are they any good?
I've heard of the Azodin Kaos Pump and it does look like a lovely bit of kit. A friend of mine has recently brought one and I'll get a chance tomorrow to have a play with it. THe only problem with it is that you have to import it from America. My friend got it for around £120-125 after being caught by customs!

But anyway, here's a couple of video's on the Kaos Pump. If I had the spare cash I'd get one myself!