Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New trigger design sidesteps Smart Parts?

cgrieves

Mar 10, 2003
Visit site
The trigger is currently in the hands of Tom Kaye of AGD and he is locking himself in a workshop for two weeks to see if he can prototype it for production. At the moment it involves 6 adjustments, which is more than he is comfortable with for the average Joe to set up and tune (and after all, 'Mags have always been synonymous with reliability and simplicity). So fingers crossed- if anyone can do it, he can.

Current cost estimate is $250-$350, quite expensive, but also within reach or most tournament players. Since internally it is still a sear-tripper, albeit via pneumatics rather than electronics, I'm willing to bet it will retrofit to all automags (even the original RT, which merely uses a different sear pivot point and smaller-diameter valve). It is not expected to be available as a kit for existing frames however- it's all or nothing.

I think this could be a great victory over Smart Parts. Tom Kaye, Bud Orr and many of the other forefathers of marker design all made a gentleman's agreement not to patent their ideas so that the Paintball industry would thrive. It's a shame that the CEOs of Smart Parts (who were originally, surprise surprise, Patent lawyers) have decided to make their bucks by "underhanded" means rather than self-innovation. It's nice to see that in the face of adversity, some manufacturers are willing to innovate rather than succumb.

A.B

London E.C.I 2008 retired
Jul 8, 2002
hampshire uk
finally downloaded the video- nice one!

With the monster battery pack removed and those sorta speeds the mag actually looks like a viable contender for the top again.

(mag users resist your flaming :))

With Smart parts patenting everything that has brought marker technology on in an attempt to monopolise the market it's good to see some more developments breaking through and actually looking like kick arse technology. If they manage to bring the technology down to idiot proof levels then i think AGD are laughing.

A.B
(old mag user)