Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

North v South 2k11 The Heist

Mike_Evans@Warped

Oct 8, 2007
A bit more info from Jimmy

facebook: warpedbiggame

Thanks to TIPPMANN and to all the event vendors for their support.

Some features of this years event...

The festival

THREE FULL DAYS included - thanks to the royal wedding 29th April is an extra bank holiday - gates will be open from 6am on Friday 29th

TWO FULL DAYS of the other activities available incl Laser Combat, CQB Experience and DCCT activities which were fully booked on all sessions in 2010 as they were only 1/2 or 1 day each.

NEW opportunities to play ball or try other combat activities incl free rolling mini games on Friday and Saturday, Airsoft gaming, bigger Tippmann Pistol Challenge

Enhanced trade expo with even more vendors and offers, and a new Expo Range running next to the trade expo where you can try the products on offer.

Shorter walks to and from the trade area, it will be much closer to the campsite.

New "quiet" or "family" area on the campsite.

The game

Enhanced game area with re-jigged game entry points and procedures

Shorter walks from staging to game entry

More central air station and chrono points

Brand new The Heist scenario with new features including automated territory scoring system.

Much more info on the website of course.

We are totally commited to ensuring this is the best event we have ever hosted !

--

About The Warped North V South Big Game Festival

Most on this community will be aware of what this event is all about, but for those new to the scene heres a little background.

Warped started the NorthVSouth game way back in 1992, at a time when this type of game was non-existant. Everyone played in the woods back then, but the only events available were tournaments and the odd walk-on. After a couple of years stumbling around working out what this type of game should entail, and frankly running into a brick wall at around 300 players we decided we just couldnt see how (at that time) anything bigger could be done - woodland tournaments were SO entrenched in the overall structure of the game we just didnt have the know how I guess to persuade people that getting together for a single all-day game for FUN was worthwhile, but the North V South concept seemed to really strike a chord with everyone - I guess we are all a little tribal at heart :)

By 2000 the tournament scene had developed, moved out of the woods and onto hyperball and supairball arenas. We felt this left a void for those who didnt want to play tournament ball and preferred to play in the woodland/urban environment. We decided to resurrect North V South, and in 2002 for the first time we added the phrase "Big Game" to the North V South name and introduced some gameplay specific to the format. Airstrikes, Troop Insertions, in game respawn, medics - ideas "borrowed" from similar games in the US and elsewhere, and from army excercises.

By the 2003 North V South game - DRUG WARS, we had reached over 600 players, the game had outgrown our site at Cosford and so we decided to make a crucial step to take the game on the road and see if we could make the format work at other venues with more capacity. The 3 years we spent at Heart of England (Caspian Pipeline, BG007, and Hostage) showed us that, in the right environment, players warmed to the whole "festival" vibe which developed, and we got a clear message that, for this event, the players wanted not just a great game, but lots of other features normally only found in more mainstream festivals. Good camping areas, good party setup, fair and friendly vendors, and the opportunity to take part in other activities on the weekend, all became important to us - and so it remains today.

Our current home at Swynnerton has virtually unlimited capacity for growth and an ever changing environment under constant development for army training.

If you have never been to the North V South event we would love to welcome you. If you have supported us for many years we hope you will continue to do so, and hopefully continue to recognise what we are all about, bringing you one of the biggest and best gathering of its kind anywhere in Europe.

Last year saw 1568 players in one game!, and over 2000 visitors over the weekend enjoying a fantastic venue and event. Is it the best or most sophisticated scenario game on the calendar?, probably not, is it the best weekend available for like minded people?, we hope so.

Its been an incredible journey over the past few years, we have deliberatly resisted the temptation to "cash in" on our success and add other Warped Big Games to the calendar, or to make the North V South game a 2 dayer (which we think would be great but would quite simply mean that the weekend would be too expensive for most). We have deliberately concentrated our efforts and resources on a festival style weekend incorporating a single day North V South game, in order to do the best job possible.

However, mindful of the fact that the players undoubtedly want to do more over the weekend, in the past couple of years we have introduced other elements of "combat gaming" including Laser Combat, DCCT simulator, CQB courses etc. This year we have gone a step further and added an Airsoft element to the weekend, with paintball and airsoft mini games available to all, and a seperate Airsoft "Big Game" being run by a partner from that industry - which will see a further 400-500 people attend the weekend, adding to the whole festival vibe. We are also in discussions with several mainstream combat computer gaming titles to discuss their future involvement in the festival - and hope to have something in place by May, and certainly for 2012 - which will see launches, promos, gaming booths etc at the event. This will hopefully lead to even more interest from mainstream marketing companies/products to want to get involved in the future, and show that paintball can be a leading player amongst all combat gaming disciplines.

Here at Warped we totally understand the requirement to ensure that the scenario community is able to enjoy quality events throughout the year, and welcome the creation of the Super6 scenario series for 2011 which will hopefully see the end of unfortunately inferior experiences endured by some in 2010 - perhaps as a result of an over ambitious calendar? Its great to see a "home" series develop for scenario teams and we wish the Super6 Series great success for the venture.

We do however believe there continues to be a place for a flagship weekend which brings such a large part of the community together, and that we should continue to reach out to other like minded activities in order to enhance the experience for us all.

We hope you agree and can join us.

Check the website regularly, its being updated daily at the moment.

Jim, Tim, Matt, Paul, Mike, Dave, and all the other who work tirelessly to bring you the event.

Mike_Evans@Warped

Oct 8, 2007
Which tickets are you trying to buy and how many? There is a glitch where by if you buy a lot of tickets you may be charged accidently the £6 standard shipping fee for our website.

All Big Game tickets have free delivery and no one so far has been charged £6 postage accidently or otherwise to my knowledge.

Send me the info and I'll check it out anyways :)

Chazum

SMOKE SOME
Aug 26, 2010
Wymondham, Norwich.
:p

Hey, i've never been to a North vs South before, can someone sum it up in a few simple sentences? Because When I purchased one of my paintball prducts A magazine came with it and North vs South was in it and it looked quality!

rob_evanson

Veni Vidi Vici
Jul 27, 2001
Cheshire, England
www.teamquestpaintball.co.uk
Hey, i've never been to a North vs South before, can someone sum it up in a few simple sentences? Because When I purchased one of my paintball prducts A magazine came with it and North vs South was in it and it looked quality!
LOTS of people shooting at each other on a mahooosive field layout. It's great fun, constant repawns so now waiting in between games, just load up and go out for as long as you like.