Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

NPPL - Has it taken the ball from PSP and run away with it?

Red_Merkin

IMHO
Jul 9, 2001
Montreal
If the PSP arn't worried yet, they should be.
This is the kind of support we need over here.
Chuck could be starting something very big here, a new era of paintball event sponsorship and promotion.

:)

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
OK, Now the NPPL have got some Ice Hockey team invovled too.

That's going to bing media attention for sure.

Plus I think we fit well into Ice Hockey, both are what appear "violent" sports, but both require skill and fitness and Ice Hockey is a great family game.

Another point to NPPL I think :)

NulodPBall

Dec 26, 2002
Southern California
Visit site
Like someone else mentioned, most teams that I know are going to do all the driveable NPPL/PSP tournys and then see which circuit they like better. I know a few teams that weren't going to do HB but then couldn't resist playing down on the beach by the pier. After all, no plane tickets and no hotel bill and car rental for four tourneys (more if you include Pan Am 7-man).

The addition of the Ice Dogs is a huge step, but they're still basically a local team...next year the Ducks or the Kings?

I personally don't mind PMI being there so we don't have to drive to pickup the paint before hand :)

I think I'll be wearing the "Your Name Here" jersey...hey, someone has to "take one" for the team...

I'm still wondering about parking, but there should be plenty of space for vendors. My suggestion is to make sure your bags have wheels. There's plenty of parking but it's all linear...meaning spread out unless Chuck has secured the indoor parking...the problem is that we can't just park on the sand, next to the player tents like we're kinda used to if you arrive early.

Since literally, many people in the world are holding their breath and watching the HB event to see which way to go (PSP/NPPL) if Chuck pulls off a great event, not only will it be in major media (put something near the pier and TV cameras come) coup, but it will secure attendence for the other NPPL legs. I actually hope that the weather turns cooler without getting wet. I don't fancy running in the sand in humid 80 degree weather, at least the World Cup is on grass.

Manike: Well, you actually could play on the sand during the day, and then drive 1 1/2 hrs to do a night session of snowboarding up in Big Bear or Wrightwood, and then be back down at your hotel room in time to be asleep by 11pm (2300). The only problem is that at night they close down some of the runs so you have to dodge all those cute girls who are still a little unsteady with their front edge and occasionally need a little assistance, or actually have to share a lift with some of them but the lines are non-existent. Darn those pesky women....

I wouldn't mind sporting some of those Black Flys sunglasses...hey, wait a minute, I can't wear regular sunglasses...I hope we don't shoot more than our allotted cases of paint...I wonder if we could suspend a Jeremy Salm lookalike from one of those huge kites or parasails, over the fields...The PORTAPOTTIES SHOULD ALL HAVE HOOKS THAT YOU CAN HANG YOUR GUNS ON AS YOU USE THE BATHROOM!!!! (sudden inspiration)...I hope they keep the compressors away from the fields and staging areas...hey, at one of the topless places they have a free lunch buffet...maybe I'll have time inbetween games to grab a cup of coffee at one of the sidewalk cafes...or maybe I can make a mug over at Color Me Mine in between games...

Ray "Your Name Here" N.