Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Nuclear Armageddon 4th August?

Magic_8ball

$outh $ide
Sep 24, 2005
Probably Licking AL France...
Visit site
I was speaking to my boss at work today, and he'd read the Bible Code and reckons the worlds gonna end as the result of a nuclear holocaust on the 4th of August this year caused by the current crisis in the middle east.

Just wondered if anyone had read anything about this etc? Or what your views on our impending doom are?

Tom

Skeet

Platinum Member
Magic_8ball said:
I was speaking to my boss at work today, and he'd read the Bible Code and reckons the worlds gonna end as the result of a nuclear holocaust on the 4th of August this year caused by the current crisis in the middle east.

Just wondered if anyone had read anything about this etc? Or what your views on our impending doom are?

Tom
Bloody typical...waits till just AFTER, I have had to have 3 fillings!:D

preacher

Jun 28, 2006
County Durham
Bollocks

biggest load of bollocks going. If you look hard enought you will find the worlds going to end every single year. besides that, doesn't " GOD " say in the book of revelations that nobody will know the date for the end of the world. Read a comic book just as much truth in there. Any how " SUPERMAN " will save us.

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
I'm going on holiday on the 5th so better not :mad:
(happy bday in 3 months Tom)

I don't think it will end, personally, on august 5th. :rolleyes:
and I believe that there are no codes written in the Bible...

Scientific fact says that the world will definitely end, as is, in 5.8 billion years.
Anyone know why?

http://astrosun2.astro.cornell.edu/academics/courses//astro201/evol_sun.htm

"In about 5.8 billion years, the Sun will evolve into a red giant and then a white dwarf, creating a planetary nebula in the process."

Or in laymans terms

"The short answer is that BEFORE the Sun actually 'dies', the Sun will evolve into what is called a red giant star. Its outer edge will be way out here near the Earth's orbit so that the Earth itself will be Bar-B-Qued. This will happen in about 6 billion years, but our investigations of stars like the Sun show that in about 500 million to 1 billion years from now, the Sun will have grown in its power output so that the temperature of the Earth's surface will be 50 - 100 degrees higher than it is today. The oceans will evaporate into the sky which will cause the earth to heat up just like Venus is today with surface temperatures above 500 degrees F . So, long before the Sun dies, life on this Earth will come to an end. It took multi-celled life about 600 million years to get to were we are today. This means that we are half way finished with the age of life on this planet. 500 million years seems like a long time, but if we take too many wrong turns in creating a future for our species, even 500 million years from now, we will be extinct a long time before that! Natural catastrophies, asteroid impacts and other things can easily cause a devastating impact on humans from which we could not easily recover space travel technology."

Interesting innit :)
bit morbid but there you go :D

titoburito

Old dog - old tricks
Jul 19, 2005
North West
if you think of the countries who are most likely to use nukes, you then look at the ones who HAVE nukes and who are allies with people in the middle east. Hopefully not a Michael Fish moment but it is highly unlikely. By bombing that UN base Israel have annoyed the UN, but the UN are a bunch of indecisive liberals however they have the power to sanction which would be extremely detrimental to the likes of the USA. The only reason we would get involved is if the USA stepped in to help Israel due to their close ties (many of which were forged between members of Skull and Bones of which the Bush family are members).
The USA has nukes, we have nukes but neither of us are going to get involved in fear of big Kofi. Iran may or may not have nukes but certainly don't have the ICBM's(intercontinental ballistic missiles) i.e. they have the bombs but no way of getting them to us. Iran are on the side of Lebannon so IF anyone was going to use nukes it would be them but their capability is limited to an attack on the southern border of Israel which is far too close to Lebannon. Therefore they'd take out half of one of their allies so it wouldn't really be any good.
Korea don't like anyone despite having decent missiles but they wouldn't reach us or the USA.

Sleep easy, i doubt it will happen, but if it does i'm going to be well annoyed.. jsut got my new ego :(

sTevie::C
Carlisle Halloween

Magic_8ball

$outh $ide
Sep 24, 2005
Probably Licking AL France...
Visit site
yeah ok so what you're saying is that in 8.5 (?) billion years time the world will be inhospitable due to the sun's transformation, what I'm saying is that before then the population of the world will be eradicated by nuclear fallout - we can both be right :D lol

Thanks for the birthday wishes by the way :p Have a good holiday, im going down to Newquay for 2 weeks as of tonight so I wont be able to apologize on the forums if it turns out the world doesnt end when I said, apologies in advance, if (for some reason) the world doesnt end then... (it blatantly will though so dw)

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
Magic_8ball said:
yeah ok so what you're saying is that in 8.5 (?) billion years time the world will be inhospitable due to the sun's transformation, what I'm saying is that before then the population of the world will be eradicated by nuclear fallout - we can both be right :D lol

Thanks for the birthday wishes by the way :p Have a good holiday, im going down to Newquay for 2 weeks as of tonight so I wont be able to apologize on the forums if it turns out the world doesnt end when I said, apologies in advance, if (for some reason) the world doesnt end then... (it blatantly will though so dw)
Lol ok Newquay, have fun, try not to be scared of facing ridicule when you come back & the world blatently hasn't ended ;) (it blatently won't)