Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

NvS - Accuracy by Volume or Kills by Quality?

emisnug

"I am Become Death, squeegier of Worlds"
Oct 10, 2011
Middle of bloody Nowhere
Well, having decided after all that I am, in fact, playing NvS this year - something that has arisen in my planning for it all. Paint.

Now - I can either go for really really cheap stuff (£15 Tomohawk last year?) and shoot thousands of balls in the hopeful direction of the enemy. Or - I can go with higher quality stuff, shoot less - but it has a higher chance of breaking.

Thoughts?

Garideon

Sep 24, 2011
Spend the money on decent paint. I spend between £30-£35 on a box. I never buy cheap paint

emisnug

Oct 10, 2011
Middle of bloody Nowhere
I've set aside about £80 for paint :) And it all depends on wether or not I am allowed to play the Night Op and UK Versus. If I am, I will go for a lower quality paint. Otherwise, Banshee grade paint, here I come :)

jack-amo

Oct 9, 2010
Sandbach
Rob, you can guess my thaughts on this ;) No need to say more :D

Have fun man. Shame (kind of) that im not around to play this year!

emisnug

Oct 10, 2011
Middle of bloody Nowhere
Oh, I know your advice :p Trying to indoctrinate the newbies into buying good paint is a different matter!

I'm sure I will have fun - think I'm the only Viper representin', so I will try to top that Keele player on top of the Police Station. You're going to florida though! (But you miss the MAO....)

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Always buy quality paint, it's a much different experience.

My rule of thumb is to find the top grade then take the one below it. Every time, the top grade has been a bit hit or miss but the one below is usually consistently good :)

Reactions: Garideon and H

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
Buy quality paint, like Dusty says go one down from the premium.

Don't piss your paint away longballing targets that are barely in range. So many fools spend NvS standing way back flinging paint at ridiculous range. No, you're not a sniper, no you're not 'suppressing' you are just wasting money and being useless. You'll get so much more enjoyment out of getting in close skimishes than the silly spray and pray action on open ground.

Reactions: Garideon

emisnug

Oct 10, 2011
Middle of bloody Nowhere
I think what I'm going to go for is paint around the Marblizer/Druid/Advantage/4-Star range. Last year, shooting Gold, I had a fair few bounces. Plus, I was only in 3 skirmishes the entire day (stopped playing after being overshot to hell, otherwise I would have gone mental and physically hurt someone), so I spent far too much time longballing. Any tips for finding the firefight?

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
I think what I'm going to go for is paint around the Marblizer/Druid/Advantage/4-Star range. Last year, shooting Gold, I had a fair few bounces. Plus, I was only in 3 skirmishes the entire day (stopped playing after being overshot to hell, otherwise I would have gone mental and physically hurt someone), so I spent far too much time longballing. Any tips for finding the firefight?
Not 100% sure how it's gonna work this year but there should be an area for the generals in base camp. Usually on your way out each time you come back to resupply it's worth simply asking 'I want to get up close and harm some people, where shall I go?' Often at NvS you habitually keep going back to the same areas but this year the site is huge so if you know that one area is longballing dullness have a walk and see what else you can find. Find out what the objectives are and head that way.