Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Old Autococker

Gretik

Below Green, Yellow maybe
Oct 26, 2001
Derbyshire
Visit site
I have a customised autococker. i am not sure who made it and whether the serial number engraved on it it correct. The number is 6658. I ma told that is extremely old. if it is true does anyone have an idea which year it was exactly? it's a very odd gun, GovNair set up, wire ball detent, standard stock, quite recent three way, ram and sledge. JackO barrel. Red silver and black splash anno on everything. It has a hole going down from the top in the site...
If anyone has an idea who might have made that i would be happy to know...

Mark

UK Cougars
Jul 9, 2001
England
www.ukcougars.co.uk
Well its older than mine (as no early ones were annodised ,in fancy colours anyhow) so you know its been fiddled with.
The hole in the top is for adjusting the lug on the hammer chances are your bolt has a corresponding hole in the middle
the wire anti double ball could be original or a later modification mine has the wire anti ball
Best guess of the age is pre 98 maybe older but then I have no idea of the volume of numbers made per year...maybe an email or phone call to WorrGames will help

I did the same thing to Smart Parts for my Shocker to find out the exact model it was, I got all the info I needed , what type it was, what store it was sold to, and when it was made so give Worrgames a call

Age is not an issue with Autocockers cos generally it will mean that if you want to get it upgraded you will still have the metal on the gun to allow the opening of air chambers etc and most of the bolt on parts will be able to be fixed to the main body with very little trouble

Again best guess would be Planet as the customizers try ringing them, they may have records of markers worked on

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
I don't know of that many custom shops that used the wire ball detent so it might be worth ringing Belsales (or Smart Parts if you're in the US as they use wire ball detents...

The external sear access hole was brought in in 1998 so if it looks factory drilled then this could be a clue (but bear in mind that it is not a difficult job - i did mine last year with a Black and Decker!)

I've just checked my cocker... the number on that is 9485 so yours is older than that. My cocker was bought by a mate, second hand in about 1996 so you must be looking at 1994/1995 ish?!

My Minicocker is no. 238 and was (obviously) one of the first made... Cool:D

The thing i love about cockers is that you can use them, abuse them and chuck as much custom stuff on them as you like! See my sig but i've had one of mine anodised and the other chromed... Now thinking about having the chambers drilled out to current spec!? Any idea how much this would cost?

If WGP do tell you what number corresponds to what year can you post the results on here?

Gretik

Oct 26, 2001
Derbyshire
Visit site
Sure...

I will mail them as quick as possible, i am pretty sure it has been quite worked. The gun is extremely light seeing as it was once at least the full metal sort of thing...

Gretik

Oct 26, 2001
Derbyshire
Visit site
E-Mail?

Does anyone have a contact e-mail of a person who might be able to help? the worr site was down last time I looked? Or perhaps there is an owners group who know these things?

eric

Dedicated Pot Bitch
Aug 23, 2001
US, Ohio
Visit site
If he added the ball detent himself its gotta be pretty old. The first year that Worr put detents on themselves is 95'(I think) So it has to be older than that(I'm pretty sure)

jynxfactor

Jan 23, 2002
Anchorage AK
Visit site
wire detents were all we had back in the early ninty's. the little ball detents weren't around then.

Almost all custom shops back then milled cocker body's to use the detent sprig from the F1 Illistarater.

C

Cerberus

Hello There,
wondering when i'd see you on here Gretik. I'm that fat chap in the leather trench that couldn't get his new 'cocker working at the last skmish 5man.

The anno is almost certainly Eclipse "Fire".
I seem to remember you mentioning that the detent had been added and that it had had a trigger job done.
The grip was very odd, not a 45. It looked practicly the same style as a '68 mag (with horizontal groves in it).
I'd say a '94.
Still it shot nice and that was quite a trigger, almost took me toe off.

I'd try planet on 0870 902 5572

I guess you're still hankering after that Blade frame then?

Will you you or any of the others I was chattting to be at Skirmish on the 17th or 24th? cause me gun's working and I'm looking for a team.