Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ovaled Paintball advice sought

White_Wolf

May 15, 2016
Scotland
Hi all,
I'm just digging out my old kit & bits from circa 10 years ago.

Amongst the stuff I've had stored under the bed for many years is about 4000 Brass Eagle 0.68 calibre paintballs still all sealed & boxed .... They are all still "soft & squidgy" as far as the paint and shell casings go, BUT most/all appear to be slightly "oval" in shape @ +- 17mm in cross-section-1 (the centre seam), but going up to +- 18mm at 90-degrees to cross-section-1.

They therefore tend to often jam in the loader-bore or barrel (in a simple mechanical Tippmann-98 type clone).

My first thoughts are that they are probably now useless/rubbish .... but my queries are :-

[1] ... Is there any practical way to restore their shape & usability (even if ONLY for "Fun/Play" useage) ?

&

[2] ... If NOT recoverable for use in a marker ... Is there any OTHER use for them, or should I just bin them ?

I have ordered some new paintballs, anyway, but I hate wasting stuff unnecessarily.

Thanks in advance for any tips or advice.

Cheers

White_Wolf

May 15, 2016
Scotland
Thank you kindly for the "non recoverable" confirmation .... The only alternative use I can think of is to see if I can use them to make a "home brew paintball-landmine".

Cheers