Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PA goes Xball !!!

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
The Paintball Association is considering the request of some of the PA teams to form a Xball league next season, this is inline with our own endeavour in utilising a game format that we can show to the general public to help stimulate growth in the paintball market.
It would be a major change from the seven man format but to be honest I have always wanted a Xball type league ever since I saw it in the States, so I guess you won’t be surprised to find this has my full support and if there is any way we can achieve this we should attempt to do it.
As many of you will be aware we ran some Xball events last season to test the water with UK teams, because as it has been stated on here many times the gap in playing abilities between ourselves and those across the pond is considerable, however the teams who played grasped the concept more or less immediately and the increase of general abilities was apparent from an early stage.
We also did some research into the cost to the players and we are advised from the teams who played that cost would not be a prohibitive factor if run along the same lines as the events we tested the format with; in fact some teams paid less.
This format would also give us the opportunity to give teams game time slots (so if your first game is not until 11am why arrive at 6:30)
If you are a team owner/captain and think you may be interested in playing that format please get in touch with me either on here by pm or email with contact details and I will send you full details.
We also have to address the potential problem that paintball in the UK (and Europe) has with high pressure air (4500psi not 3000psi) it looks at this point 4500psi air fill will not be available unless extra safety measures are put in place to stop the possibility of overfilling a 3000psi (200bar) bottle. We have started consultations with companies in the field who believe the insurance companies will accept a new fill nipple for the 4500psi bottles. This has yet to be verified but if accepted would be the lowest cost to the player who wants to continue to use 4500psi.

Russ

J@mes

If in doubt, flat out!
Jul 11, 2006
Wakefield, West Yorks.
We also have to address the potential problem that paintball in the UK (and Europe) has with high pressure air (4500psi not 3000psi) it looks at this point 4500psi air fill will not be available unless extra safety measures are put in place to stop the possibility of overfilling a 3000psi (200bar) bottle. We have started consultations with companies in the field who believe the insurance companies will accept a new fill nipple for the 4500psi bottles. This has yet to be verified but if accepted would be the lowest cost to the player who wants to continue to use 4500psi.
Good news, i really do hope that the 4500psi/3000psi nipples end up getting used, it really would solve alot of hassle

-james

Booti

suicide blonde comin thru
Aug 18, 2003
Manchester
We also have to address the potential problem that paintball in the UK (and Europe) has with high pressure air (4500psi not 3000psi) it looks at this point 4500psi air fill will not be available unless extra safety measures are put in place to stop the possibility of overfilling a 3000psi (200bar) bottle. We have started consultations with companies in the field who believe the insurance companies will accept a new fill nipple for the 4500psi bottles. This has yet to be verified but if accepted would be the lowest cost to the player who wants to continue to use 4500psi
Russ
Slighty off topic, but
Have we recently had an issue that has warranted this response. Also would it not be cheaper and easier for the industry to change the 3000psi fill nipples as most people are using 4500psi bottles ?

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
Slighty off topic, but
Have we recently had an issue that has warranted this response. Also would it not be cheaper and easier for the industry to change the 3000psi fill nipples as most people are using 4500psi bottles ?
Who is to say they would change them! Also there are far more 3000psi bottles than 4500psi bottles.
I think you forget about the sites that between them own a massive amount of air bottles for their retail customers to use.
And since it is only Tournament Players who request a fill to 4500, why should the sites pay.
But the simple fact is look at my first point, players would use them as a spare in there bag and never get round to changing the fill nipple so the possible danger would remain.
It would not be a major concern for players to be limited to 3000psi hell some teams would save money because they could not just sit there and shoot paint at a bunker instead of the player behind it.

Russ