Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PA on Sky sports extra, Date's and time's

swave_gav

oh no!! not the clan
Aug 10, 2003
edinburgh
it was ok , lots of information n the game we play etc the odd ramdom clip was'nt to bad but the main thing that got me was the in game comantary , it just slowed the aperance of the game down, no disrespect to the guy but he gave off thr impretion he had no idea what was happening in the games
a younger more intence comantator would have made all the diferance

swave_gav

oh no!! not the clan
Aug 10, 2003
edinburgh
it was cool it but it could have been better, every time iv watched it im more interested in whats going on in the back ground...... trying 2 c if im there lol

im sure some 1 put a link to c it on this thread

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Originally posted by TJ Lambini
Hokay, just wonderin'...unfortunately it didn't make it over here, but Beaker told me he thought it was pretty cool...
Yup Teej, thought it was cool for what it was. Pretty good empahsis on keeping things non military and promoting the "sport" of paintball. Plus for someone who hadn't seen pball before it might seem interesting enough for them to contact a site.

I agree with the comments about the commentary though, it didn't generate much excitement about the game, it was more like 2 people having a conversation then the odd "oh, that guy moved up....now where were we" kinda thing. It definitely wasn't exciting nu skool stuff like the Xgames kiddies will want or expect. But then the footage wasn't excactly killa moves all the time so I suppose they didn't have that to work with.

but its easy enough to change commentators from the generic Sky people.

Overall it turned out good, fair credit to the PA for the attempt. Of course it isn't perfect, but its also at least on there and if they feel they got value for their money then everyone's happy.

Will be very interesting to see how it differs from the Eurosport coverage Campaign has got.

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
I know there was a version posted up originally but I had the chance to get a good digital version of it and convert it into 16:9 aspect ratio (widescreen) and compress it into QuickTime for different connection speeds. The footage is about 15mins long and obviously the larger the file you choose the better the quality.

If you haven't seen it already then head over to the download section of our site...

http://www.questpaintball.com/team/

Let me know if there are any problems. You will need QuickTime player to watch, available for free from http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/standalone/

Enjoy!