Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paint and the Freak

b4u_jb

Oct 16, 2001
Visit site
Im thinkin bout gettin a freak, but i dont want the total freak

The paint mostly around here is Team Colors and Kick'n with some Pmi Swirl, and Marbs how many sizes (boar) should i get i was thinkin like the .689 and .687 ..........

b4u_jb

Oct 16, 2001
Visit site
is ther e any real way of testin what size the paint is, and which boar it works best in other than just shootin' it?

confuzzed2

Scrub
Jul 10, 2001
Bossier City, Louisiana
I wish I knew the name of the company, but I cant. Anyways somebody makes a small ruler lookin thing with different size holes in it. You can then measure the size of your balls (paint that is) with this tool. Again I dont remember if I saw it on the net or in a magazine, so hope that helps.

b4u_jb

Oct 16, 2001
Visit site
Is the freak as good as say a boomstick, better? and is that only because the inserts? im sayin if both barrels were .689 and shootin the same paint out of an impy, which would do better (opinion)

dam-dangerous

ian - uk chameleons
Jul 6, 2001
sheffield
www.damdangerous.co.uk
its a matter of choice.

the boom-stick is a better barrel (shoot through, finish and in my opinion looks)
but it is expensive for a simgle barrel.
the freak is even more expensive than a boomstick but you get 8 inserts, therefore 8 barrels for your money.
no problem with BORE size.

ive used a freak all this season and i recon it is spot on.
ive also used boomsticks and i reckon they are better if you get a good barrel paint match.

ian

b4u_jb

Oct 16, 2001
Visit site
so do most of u that own freaks just test the paint to figure out what size bore u want.......do u ever change the boar on the field while playin?

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Originally posted by b4u_jb
so do most of u that own freaks just test the paint to figure out what size bore u want.......do u ever change the boar on the field while playin?
Changing the bore on the field could get you in to all sorts of trouble. It will have serious effects on your velocity, so if you get pulled at the chrony, you could get severely punished, and rightly so.
It's best to test the paint to barrel match beforehand.