Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paintball Marker Semi/burst and full Auto ball Rates

TNT_UK

TNT_UK
Apr 18, 2015
I am putting together my Paintball Playing kit, and have now started to look at which paintball Marker to purchase. One of the areas of Markers I am not sure of is on the BPS (Balls Per Second) rates allowed on paintball fields in the UK.

As we all know most electronic markers are made for the US market, and are capable of semi-auto, burst fire and full auto. Are burst and full auto modes legally allowed in the UK?

Another question I had stems from an answer to another questions which stated that for tournaments, BPS on the marker should be restricted to 10.5 BPS.

The reason for my question , is that when I buy my marker do I need to download UK specific software for the marker, or if the marker is purchased from a UK vendor the software will already be restricted to confirm to UK law. I am planning on using a UK vendor for my marker purchase as outlined in the Newbies Marker Buying Guide Thread.

Sorry for all the questions, but if I don't understand something I thought it best to ask, rather than just wonder why

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Irrespective of the legal argument of full auto, it's not allowed to be used in UK games and sites,and it's the safety issue

You won't get any trouble for possessing a full auto capable paintball gun

If there's a uk board then it will be in place when bought in the UK
originaly manufacturers building for the UK market used a different board, (eg ions also had a different coloured led) now they are programmable and are pre-set but can be changed if you have the right cable and software.

Rate of fire / bps are not a real issue unless going for tournaments, in which case it will probably be 10.5 (and other mode settings such as millennium mode)

You can set modes and maximum bps on the gun with buttons or the trigger. Electronic guns will have those features

TNT_UK

TNT_UK
Apr 18, 2015
Thank you for clearing that up. I was concerned that having a paintball marker that could fire full auto could get you into trouble with the law, but if the settings are all in the marker, and are not utilised, then I take it that is OK. I will watch some of the tutorials on You Tube to get a better idea of how to programme a marker, and the options available.

I am interested in getting in to paintball, to play fairly, have fun. So I fully plan to follow the paintball site rules, where ever I play..

I would like to make it clear that I was not planning of going "Full Rambo" and walk down the middle of a paintball field, Dual Wielding paintball markers on full auto, with a red bandanna around my head :). I could imagine that could be quite painful, and lead to a short time playing.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
I would like to make it clear that I was not planning of going "Full Rambo" and walk down the middle of a paintball field, Dual Wielding paintball markers on full auto, with a red bandanna around my head :). I could imagine that could be quite painful, and lead to a short time playing.
But that does sound fun! :)

Reactions: TNT_UK