Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

paintball site thats reballs only?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big MArk

Oct 26, 2012
Romford Essex
I help build the site and help run underworld, yes we do use reball's. steve the site owner has had paintball sites before, when we were setting this site up it was aways going to be CQB and reball's . We wanted a site that would let punters play paintball with out getting ripped off. Not miss leading them with £5 person to play and then hit them with £10 per 100 paintballs.

All markers are 180/200 FPS, all punters are given full face mask,s. full body overalls and tac vest. We have a very good safety record in the 2 years we have been going. All markers are semi auto only even own gunners.

We have the same punters that come and play every month, unlike a normal paint site were a punter feels he's had a good day but its left him out if pocket. They pay one price and play. I think this is good to get people to play the game.

Yes we do have walk on days where you can use your own marker. Once again 180/200 FPS.

I would like to point out that we are not the only site in the UK to use reball's.
http://www.carlisle-reball.co.uk/

If could try not to slag off a site until one you have played there and two know the full details.
If you have any question please let me know.

Last edited:

RobbyT

I like potatoes
Jan 3, 2013
Chelmsford
I am a regular walk-on at this site and play there at least once a month.. Firstly, i normally take a big group of rentals and walk-ons everytime i go up.. And i have never had a single person leave un-happy or not having enjoyed the day.. Its great having a cheap, clean cqb site instead of running around in a freezing cold wood, or being showered in paint..
As BIG MARK has already said all the guns are semi-auto, and the walk-ons chrono there gear and stay on semi-auto aswell.. Aswell as this, at the end of the day i do not need to spend hours slaving away cleaning paint from my guns, clothes and mask.. The overal looks of my gear is good and i have never had a problem firing reballs..
Some people say that reballs arnt good for a gun.. But i have used all 6 of my guns there for year, and they all fire as smooth as when i first got them..
i have injured myself a couple of times in other sites and i have also received massive bruises and welts from people who arent chrono'd at other sites.. and to be honest, its one of my favourite sites in britain..
As far as the law is concerned, if you read the offical legislations from 2007, in a suitable enviroment with precautioned made reballs are aloud to be used in game situations.. And this site covers ALL of these safety precautions..
You say that this isnt paintball.. but we use the same paintball guns as a paint using place, the same hoppers, same gas (unless you use co2), same type of masks, gloves, overalls.. the guns we use are called "paintball guns" and not "reball guns"..
Rexy, you say that u have been hit in the neck..... But if ur hit in the neck with any type of paintball or reball, with any type of gun it is going to hurt.... so you cant say that reballs will hurt more because most outdoor places fire at a greats fps.. Aswell as this anyone who is going paintballing knows that they will get shot..... and could get shot anywere.. its just unlucky if u get shot in the neck..
Bojjob, if you use there rental kit, the overalls when done up have a soft padded area that does protect the neck, and following this they have full face helmets to protect the rest of there heads and faces.. If you are a walk-on and use ur own gear then u cant complain were u get hit :p... and it is great fun!!! you get to use your head to be tatcical when storming different parts of the map and when you are there,,, u dont care that ur using reballs cos it is f***ing awwsome!!!
Before u make any more remarks i would go try it out down there... because its a awsome site run by awsome peoplee!! all of us joker crew enjoy playing and helping there.. and all the rentals enjoy it too

Reactions: bojjob

niallist

SPS - First 9
Nov 2, 2008
London
ive onli shot about 25-30 powderballs myself at oudoor fps at a concrete wall from about 6ft and about a quater of them bounced so hvaent had enough personal expierence of them to give a full opinion of them, and the what ive read stuff was what ive lookined into and seen on other forums where they've been discussed.
I've shot well over a thousand powderballs at a vastly reduced FPS (less than 200FPS) at concrete walls and every single one, without exception, broke on impact. It was on a film set and the reduced FPS was for safety reasons.

So I don't know what powderballs you were using but my experience was totally different.

Having said all that I wouldn't use them against people, they're not illegal but they're bloody hard.

Reactions: rexy

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
its hardly slinging mud when all im doing is asking the community what they think, the main issue ive got is that its advertised as paintball, and not once one the website anywhere does it state or mention reballs, even on the insurance waiver. it was only when i watched the videos that i noticed the completely clear riot shields were not showing any marks when hit, thats when i asked about it on the facebook page and then was informed its reballs, carlise reball are at least being upfront and using the mention of reballs to inform potiential customers/use it as a selling point. i was actually really interested in trying it out as i love CQB untill i found out it was reballs only, we all know if the hit miss's the armour/pad's and bounces rather than breaks its painfull enough yet even with the kit offered id personally avoid it due to knowing that every hit that doesnt hit the armour will bounce nor would i want to risk the potiental of extra damage to my own gear.

Buddha 3 i had done my research prior to this post was purely interested in other players views on this as it seems like false advertising, i was already aware of carlise-reball but they dont advertise as a paintball site, as im also aware some speedball teams can train at some sites with reballs so it keeps training costs down

all ive done is mentioned my view on this and then at the end of the post asked for the views of others.
I don't think I mentioned your name, but I guess if you feel the shoe fits...

A lot of people come here acting like they know what they are talking about, while the clearly don't. Meanwhile they say a lot of negative things about somebody trying to make an earnest living. Basically, some of you are messing with the ability of this man to provide food for his family. If any of you felt as strongly about this stuff as you pretend to do here, you would have picked up the phone and got in touch with the guy, and helped him out.

I'm not saying either side of this debate is right or wrong (even though I have an opinion on this which is a little better educated on the subject than most), I am merely moderating. I say again, just to look smart on the net, you are potentially messing with somebody's bread. Not cool. Right or wrong, I take my hat off to Big Mark for responding as civil as he has. I know I couldn't have done that.

Reactions: RobbyT and niallist

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
The "fact" that it's false advertising? Unless convicted by the proper authorities, it's no fact, just an opinion. So I guess it's safe to say you are slinging mud.
And if the whole gun law issue is as dire as some say it is, then all it takes is one government official to stumble on this site and boom, Mark's in jail. Well done guys.
Here's a suggestion: next time the chief moderator of a website tells you to tone things down a bit, tone things down a bit. I asked you nicely, now I'm telling you. And by you I mean everybody.

Reactions: Garideon

rexy

Northern Alliance
Jul 5, 2012
Northampton
if this thread is causing that much of an issue then please remove it, so then theres no "slinging mud" and no potiential legal ramifications(if any) because of this thread for the site and no negative impact in any way shape or form upon the fourm.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
This is ridiculous. gommie404 you once told me on another forum I deserved to be locked in a padded room for asking a simple question which offended your interpretation of how paintball markers are to be used all over the world, yet you are the one who spends his adult life making toy guns and spouting off about the law. I didn't realise you were an elected official fit to dictate to all and sundry your view on things.

rexy your opinions are just that, opinions. Not facts so don't come slinging them around on the internet like you are someone in authority. You aren't. A representative of the site has taken time to address your points and you still haven't let it sink in.

I'm deleting all the offending posts, we're all for SENSIBLE discussion here but sometimes I despair at the lack of basic education in your native language and the interpretation of it. Typos are one thing, requiring a translator in some cases is quite another. If you, and as Buddha says, ALL of you can't get the basics of grammar correct never mind the true meaning of the English language then go to PBNation where you'll all fit right in. Leave the adults and civilised people here.

Last edited:

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
I have played and trained regularly with reballs at a paintball registered site for the past few years. New players i have taken down including my youngest lad (12 at the time) said the experience was exciting and fun.
Experienced players said it was cheap for a training day, thoroughly enjoyed by all.

Never had any kit damage to mine or anyone else i know and we bunker as close as inches away. If my 12 yr old got bunkered from 6 inches away, walked off field still smiling, then reballs can't be bad.

Reactions: RobbyT
Status
Not open for further replies.