Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paintball storage and shelf life

Orion3

Jul 12, 2009
If the new hydrotech paint lives up to the hype - we'll be able to store it for years without it degrading!!
mmmm.....have to wait and see.

Only problem with saving your cash is that it always seems to disappear and get spent on smething altogether less fun.

Spoke to the guys at Powerball (Sterling) - they told me that providing it was stored between 15-25 degrees (no garage!!) and turned regularly it should last for at least 5 months without a problem.

dodge-gnome

Save a rock, throw an Ion
Nov 13, 2010
Gloucestershire
i had a crate of paint in my room for a while, balls were loose out of their bags for about 6 months. would shake it at least once a month. But the balls have warped and don't fit through my barrel anymore, seems like a complete waste :/
So there's no point buying it unless you're going to use it, especially at the end of a season. Just best off buying in bulk (4 for 3) or whatever, then just looking after it properly during season.

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
i had a crate of paint in my room for a while, balls were loose out of their bags for about 6 months. would shake it at least once a month. But the balls have warped and don't fit through my barrel anymore, seems like a complete waste :/
So there's no point buying it unless you're going to use it, especially at the end of a season. Just best off buying in bulk (4 for 3) or whatever, then just looking after it properly during season.
If I'm reading this right the clue is right there

Paint left open in storage will absorb moisture from the air and begin to degrade. Paint should be kept sealed in it's plastic bag until use for that reason. I've stored paint for 2-3months before now without any real issues. Room temperature indoors is ideal. Turning the bags regularly to help prevent settling out and dimpling also helps.