Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paintball Whingers!!!

Sid

Jul 10, 2001
God's Country
www.a1paintball.org
What is it with Paintballers, Niall and the guys from Campaign just provided not only one of the, if not the best Paintball Tournament in the World and yet there are still people who complain. Want to know something, I'm sick to death of listening to people moan about Tournaments and set ups and sh** like that, think you could get your Countrys National Sports Center, think you could get brilliant media coverage, well, get off your fat arse and do it instead of complaining everytime something doesn't suite you. This is not directed at any individual before you get a bee in your bunnet, but it is directed at the narrow minded players that always find something not to their liking. Oh, the tournaments was great BUT, well the grass was 2mm too long and I had to wait 10 minutes for a burger...oh woe is me!

Yes, there were not really alot of signs like in Toulouse, lets look at this, Toulouse as a town Supports the World Cup, FACT, can you honesly see Niall splashing out on huge posters in the middle of London just to have some narrow minded kid nick them 2 hours after they are put up simply for fun, not digging at Londoners but it would happen in 75% of large cities, kids bored, lets nick stuff.

Next, oh the fields were too short, well okay, they were small fields but YOU are supposed to be World Class players with the ability to play any format, we lost 2 games on the V Force field on the Friday and sat and had a think, how can we win on this field, we changed the game plan and won the next 4 out of 4 encounters on it including 2 semi games, can't play a Sup' Air field cos it's too short, well might be an idea to start knitting or something. The fields made for good hard, fast, aggressive play, think about it, bet most of you made your bunker off the break, we did and we are a Novice Team so surely Pro and Am and other Nov teams could do the same. JT Field, astro turf, brilliant, nice, flat, great field to play, put you under too much pressure did it, oh sorry, next time Niall and the guys do a tournament ask them to make sure there is Tea and Scones beside your back coke can so you can have a break when you get there, it's a bloody fast paced game, get with it.

What else were you lot complaining about, lets see, Marshals probably as usual, marshaling at Campaign was unbiased, friendy yet firm and fair. Yes sometimes in a game you might feel you get a bad call, don't see any of you coming online and saying how you got away with something or how the Marshal gave you a little slack, no, you only want to bitch about the bad stuff.

What next, oh yes, bunkers going down due to batteries, unless none of you noticed there were 4 tubeless fields, all running for at least 4 days including the Thursday for you all to walk them, think about this, how many batteries do you reckon there was?? And you moan because maybe a couple of them run out of power...hhmm kinda makes you think eh?

Campaign Staff running around making sure all health and safety was okay, running around on a milk float with batteries, sorting out all other stuff that we as players don't see behind the scenes, do I hear you thanking them...no, oh the inflatable on field 5 was down for at least 4 minutes.....I rest my case.

So, you have the United Kingdoms National Sports Arena, complete with Security.
You have Media coverage for 3 days
You have a warm and well lit players area with air
You have a bar with lunch and sandwiches
You have a dry concrete trade area
You have a covered Stadium
You have fast and furious in your face paintball on smaller than normal fields making it great not only to play but watch especially above field 4 and 5 (JT & Mod)
You have very attractive women walking around
You have the best players in the World (including me

;) ) to entertain you as you sip your cold lager.
You have the very best Marshals and I mean the very best.

And to top it all off you get to watch football in the bar, not that I enjoyed that.

So come on guys, credit where credit is due, yes the fields were smaller than the normal, yes there were no signs, who gives a f*#&, learn to adapt and change your game.

My thanks to Niall and Campaign for an outstanding weekend of paintball and well worth the 10 hour drive from Bonnie Scotland to see the players I call friends.

My thanks to WDP for sorting out my Angel for me, what a great bunch of guys. SPONSOR US.. ;) Escarmouche that is....please

My thanks to the players who actually care enough and show enough respect to stay and acknowledge the teams and players that work hard to get to finals and encourage them from the stand, heres a thought, wonder if the whingers pack up shop and go home simply cos they lose :confused:

My thaks to Bully and Robbo for taking £5 from a poor Scottish guy simply because England score 5 dodgy offside goals ;)

last but by no means least thanks to Escarmouche, new beginnings guys.

So, while you lot only try and find the bad in this lets give it up for the boys from Campaign I for one was very impressed with everything except the football.....;)

Sid

Jul 10, 2001
God's Country
www.a1paintball.org
Nick Nick Nick

Nick me old mucker me old pal me old chum, yes, we can always improve even on perfection, don't disagree, I just think constructive critisism and feedback from tournaments should be sent direct to organisers for future of the sport and events and not posted for the Paintball World to make assumptions about on bulletin boards. Some players might read your thread and instantly think Campaign might have been mostly bad, which you and I know was not the case.

Anyway, I'm off back to bed with my third place novice trophy and memories of the weekend. Oh and if of the paintball big cheese's are interested, Escamouche are from Ireland and could really do with help for future events, I mean, rather shocking having a 3rd placed team on the podium with no banners eh...;)

Heres food for thought, get a feedback form set up from each tournament and put it in the players packs. Again, I can't fault Campaign, even rained which made me feel right at home.

Alien

MattttttLock
Jul 10, 2001
Wales
Visit site
Hi Sid

Congrats again on the trophy, you and the Irish lads deserved it:D :D :D

Good idea on the feedback forms.

See you again soon dude

Alien

Just Curious

Jul 6, 2001
www.jerseywarriors.co.uk
Scottish Education System

Amazed! Dumbfounded!! Abs Astounded!!!

Sid, I cannot beleive that u are a product of the Scottish Education System........:eek:

A big bad Jock like u, speaking so well and putting forward one of the most constructive arguments i have had the pleasure to read on this notice board!!!............:D

Seriously though,,,,

I did not have the good fortune to attend this event but did expect to read the usual gripes that surely follow. But as i said above, it was a pleasure reading your post which to me was far more informative than anything else i have read to date.

More power to your elbow (or fingers) matey! Ohh, and well done on the 3rd place..:)

mortenlj

Jul 18, 2001
Denmark
www.playball.dk
Feedback forms

HI Guys,

At the Danish Millennium we handed out feedback forms in the infopackage - not a single ONE was returned to me with any complaints or suggestions.

Last year we sent out more than 100 forms asking for feedback on last years Millennium series - Only ONE was returned.

I'm actually starting to think that most paintballers can't read and write (they dont read the rules and they dont fill out the registration forms so anyone can read them afterwards).

See "ya all" in Germany

Morten jensen

Sid

Jul 10, 2001
God's Country
www.a1paintball.org
Well Edumacated

Thanks mate, I managed a few 'O' levels at school and a couple of highers, okay, 'O' grade in talking sh** and a higher in car theft but hey, they all count.

Glad you like my thoughts, just pisses me off a little mate.

Sid

Jul 10, 2001
God's Country
www.a1paintball.org
Feedback forms

Morten

If people can't take the time to give feedback after such brilliant events then I think it is simple ignorance, nothing more. I would gladly fill in a feedback form for the good of the sport.