Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

painting marker/advice?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
just wondering, is it worth painting my bravo one am I likely to make a mess of it? and advice appreciated
It depends on the results you want & the effort you put into it

If you want a fairly professional finish that lasts then preparation and taking your time are key.

If you want a good effective camouflage paint job then consider avoiding the 'call of duty' generations desire for a professionally painted colour scheme, go for an effective but rough & ready 'field expedient' paint job - basically a small number of quick sprays across parts of the gun do the job well. Use simplicity and accept that the paint should be scuffed in use. We had the perfect example by one if the TFD founders - straight out of Afghanistan and into paintball. Copies may have been lost to the history of the internet but I'll have a look around

There are a few examples of paint jobs in the link below

Painting anything is dependant on how much preparation you put in, the type of paint, number of coats etc and how you look after it.

If you want a pretty finish then you're going to have to take a lot of time, do lots of light coats, laquer it etc.
If you are happy for it to rub off in parts then you can knock up a few coats and just let it wear naturally, optionaly touch up every now & then

http://www.ukscenario.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=23389

Reactions: oliver margetts

xanthiax

Apr 12, 2014
@tommikka they're some amazing paint jobs! I wanna make mine look like that eventually. Just need to get a few games under my belt first.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Here's a picture showing the gun I was referring to

In the hand of another of the team founders, not the one who painted it
** see if you can spot what is wrong with this picture **

It was painted in two colours, mostly as assembled in very light coats

image.jpg

** the thing that is wrong in the picture is due to us turning up as regulars to a punter site, before the punters, and getting in a quick chrono check before we went off to do our own thing. Staff were preparing for the punters so were safe and sound. However what's going on in the photo and the punters who started to arrive and watched the 'pros' through the netting were not seeing the best example, before they were given their safety brief!

Pingu

Aug 17, 2013
Leicester
Oops no mask in the photo. Bad form to show to punters ;)
When my friend @madhammster did was lots of light layers of paint that were left to dry and the next coat added. Then a clear sealing coat over the top. He has done 3 sierras, 2 a5s and a Tiberius 9.1 rifle and it worked a treat apart from on the rubber feet of the bipod as the paint doesn't hold to the rubber :)
Some patterns can be added with stencils or leaves etc if you want to be fancy but isn't necessary.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Oops no mask in the photo. Bad form to show to punters ;)
In his defence he was out at the exit/entry getting ready before anyone arrived, thus even though he was in the 'goggle on' area it was 'controlled' and no guns were around
Except there were guns around as we turned up, but condom on

He was just witnessing a chrono check. But in bad form to not lift up and put on the goggles he had on the hook - and just in time for a crowd to turn up and watch

Pingu

Aug 17, 2013
Leicester
In his defence he was out at the exit/entry getting ready before anyone arrived, thus even though he was in the 'goggle on' area it was 'controlled' and no guns were around
Except there were guns around as we turned up, but condom on

He was just witnessing a chrono check. But in bad form to not lift up and put on the goggles he had on the hook - and just in time for a crowd to turn up and watch
That sounds reasonable to me.
Typical that it happens just as the crowd turns up.