Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PBUK V.A.T + Shipping

SamFlyZ

Geo 2.1 | 2K5 Alias
Mar 27, 2009
Exmouth, Devon
You're not meant to charge V.A.T on magazines are you?

Also, I was going to buy an issue just to test it out and saw thats its £2 shipping?!?! Can't you just stick it in an envelope?

SJ

Jckk335_crazy

Always reads never posts
Mar 21, 2008
Durham in the North East
Vat is on everything that is not essential food related i.e chocolate, crisps, biscuits etc. and it is also on all non food items as well.

To other point shipping is that because of the size of the magazine and with the postal service they measure the size of the envelope and weigh the item so £2 is not that bad for delivery.

SamFlyZ

Geo 2.1 | 2K5 Alias
Mar 27, 2009
Exmouth, Devon
No, there isnt VAT on magazines/books....
http://photo.net/leica-rangefinders-forum/00Cz4M

Vat is on everything that is not essential food related i.e chocolate, crisps, biscuits etc. and it is also on all non food items as well.

To other point shipping is that because of the size of the magazine and with the postal service they measure the size of the envelope and weigh the item so £2 is not that bad for delivery.

Rider

scottishwarriors.co.uk
or a direct quote from the HMRC, listed under zero vat groups:

Group 3 - Books, etc
Associated notice: 701/10 Zero-rating of books etc
Item No.

1. Books, booklets, brochures, pamphlets and leaflets.

2. Newspapers, journals and periodicals.

3. Children's picture books and painting books.

4. Music (printed, duplicated or manuscript).

5. Maps, charts and topographical plans.

6. Covers, cases and other articles supplied with items 1 to 5 and not separately accounted for.

Note:

Items 1 to 6 -

(a) do not include plans or drawings for industrial, architectural, engineering, commercial or similar purposes; but

(b) include the supply of the services described in paragraph 1(1) of Schedule 4 in respect of goods comprised in the items.

end of the day the cover price will be the correct price - the webstore will just be calculating the portion of the price that would be vat if vat were applicable. you're not actually being charged vat - it'll just be a glitch......