Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PGI mag - not what it used to be...

Tyger

Old School, New Tricks
You know, there's a better way to get more coverage of European events.

You could always write up reports of your local tournaments, and send them to P G.I. yourself. It's probably the best way to guarantee your team will get the write up.

-Tyg
(using voice software now, I'm desperate)

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Walker (PsychoPimps)
I stand corrected by the almighty Robbus maximus, i did read the posts before me but obviously didnt take heed. I owe Rancid an apology for calling him a twat (Sorry, no need). People complain about messages that are aimed at having a go at someone or something, and that they hide behind a user name etc etc, im sorry if i upset you robbo.............nuff said.

Peace? :(
Hey Walker, I wanna make something clear, I don't much like answering posts the way I did earlier.
The reason I took such a tone was that you attacked one of my close friends and the magazine I help put together.
That doesn't mean for a second that I (or we) cannot take criticism, far from it, we are all ears for any constructive criticism that you guys wanna make.
We would be fools to ignore any !!!
But there comes a point, when constructive criticism may be heavily disguised as a personal attack.
Your post calling Rancid a 'TWAT' is one of a few we get on here that departs from the normal banter and resorts to personal attacks.
It's hardly surprising the firework goes off when you light the blue touch paper, if you get what I mean.
I am one of the world's worst for retaliating, I know that, and I suppose I have little defence for some of the counter-attacks I make, other than to say, 'Well he started it first'.
Sounds childish and it is.
But your last post does indicate, you ain't such a dick and consequently we're all cool.
We work really hard at PGI to try and make sure you guys get exactly what you want, if we get it wrong or miss the mark, let us know, we will listen, I promise, but attacking us ain't gonna get any of us anywhere.
Laters Walker and have a good new year !
Robbo

might have a solution

Guys,

Firstly, I have a real bad hangover so this might not make all that much sense and the typing might suck too.
I haven't looked but couldn't a section of P8ntballer.com be set aside for people to write tournie reports from any country and have them posted there with pics, these could then be organised by country and we could all have a look. Seems a simple solution don't you think? You could post your views of a tournament, see what others thought of the smae event, etc.
The only down side would be that you'd have to get off yur ass and write something and this might be the big stumbling block - lazy paitnballers. However, looking at this thread and the enormous number of posts in such a short time, there seems to be no problem with people ability to write (whether it be bullsh*t or not).

Just a thought.

Simon Malone

Nov 30, 2001
Hook, Hants
www.nspl.co.uk
FAO: Everybody on this thread

At the end of the day this comes down to one thing. People want to read about themselves in PGI. If there good enough, and attend the largest tournaments which get the coverage, then I'm sure it would happen.

Until then stop being silly and grow up.

Simon

Mr Big

and his big purple helmet
Jul 3, 2001
In a big shoe
www.p8ntballer.com
might have a solution

Originally posted by ascutt
I haven't looked but couldn't a section of P8ntballer.com be set aside for people to write tournie reports from any country and have them posted there with pics
The only down side would be that you'd have to get off yur ass and write something and this might be the big stumbling block - lazy paitnballers.

hit it on the head, ascutt. I've tried to get this off the ground in p8 and pgi, but to no avail. People promise to get their reports in, even event organisers who would benefit from it, but then one of two things happens without fail:

1) They just don't bother
2) I receive six lines of utter drivvel with about three photos, out of focus, taken through the netting. My pride in my work doesn't allow me to publish stuff like that.

Basically, I've given up on that kind of thing, so I concentrate on the major events which either myself or one of my trusted regular writers can get to.

just as I thought.

Mr Big,

Thats what I thought the case must be. Seems so simple to do but relies on people to actually do something - you'd think that with all the passion that has gone into some of the posts in this forum that someone could apply that to doing a tournie write up.

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
just as I thought.

Originally posted by ascutt
Mr Big,

Thats what I thought the case must be. Seems so simple to do but relies on people to actually do something - you'd think that with all the passion that has gone into some of the posts in this forum that someone could apply that to doing a tournie write up.
Which brings us full circle back to what TJ said earlier!

Originally posted by TJ Lambini
pballers are real good at moaning but not so good at getting off their fat ass and actually doing something
Paul
:D

Will the tournament on sunday be covered?

TheRo0sTer

VW's are the game
FAO: Everybody on this thread

Originally posted by Simon Malone
At the end of the day this comes down to one thing. People want to read about themselves in PGI. If there good enough, and attend the largest tournaments which get the coverage, then I'm sure it would happen.

Until then stop being silly and grow up.

Simon

Just piggy back on what Simon said... When I was into the whole Skateboarding scene and Model Car racing scene you read the same kind of complaint... "Why am I not in the mag?" "Your MAG sucks cause they didn't cover this Race or Contest!" What it all boils down to are people are jealous of others and want what everyone else has! Once again grow up and respect the fact the sport of Paintballing has evolved to the point that we have Mags. like PGI to hook us up with Tournament coverage!

Al Woods

GFH Trouble Maker
Jul 7, 2001
Your 30
www.gfh-hq.com
Well.....

....I'm happy cause I got my pic in PGI twice dude.

You're right though man, everyone wants a mag dedicated to themselves which aint gonna happen unless you're K2, we're sooooo pretty. :D