Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

pirahna VTL upgrade question

hey, ive got a piranha VTL w/ a bottom line. im thinking of upgrading some parts. im also on a bunget. ive been looking at a 14'' tru-flight barrel, and a new venturi bolt. is this a good buy, and can you reccomend some other acesories or barrels for low $. thanks chets.
- "hey, lemme ask you something. When you go into work, does anyone say 'looks like somebodys got a case of the mondays'?"

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Forget the venturi bolt. It is designed for one function and one function only which is to take your money. You get virtually no gain on resale other than being able to type the two words "venturi bolt" in your ad which translate into "I'm hoping you're a moron and going to pay me $50 extra for this." As for barrels, there are better choices. CP, DYE Excel, Freak Junior, Teardrop, BOA chrome express, and Powerlyte come to mind.

PimpinPiranha

Mar 31, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
Screw the bolt PMI all ready put a great bolt on the Piranhas. As for other upgrades I would pass the tru flight because they are loud and not worth the money so I would spend $40 bucks or so on a Custom Products barrel and I would also consider an Expansion chamber if your running co2 but wouldn't spend much more then $30 for one. Hope this helps. Later

i think i will get a better barrel. 19.99 sounds too good to be true. as for my bolt, my brother used the gun, and now the bolt is scratched and has a huge shard of metal coming out of it. i think i better replace it or it will scratch the inside of my gun. thanks a lot.

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
That is an excellent price, and I really can't think of a better one off the top of my head. As for replacing your bolt, seeing that it is a necessity rather than just casual tweaking, go for the Shocktech one. It's very easy on your gun, cycles well, and gives much better flow than the usual venturi design, also being quite affordable and easy to find.

to tell you the truth, i have no clue, but i think i just fixed it. i overexagerated it a little when i said it was huge. its really not that big, and with a little work with a non mitallic fingernail file, i was able to "sand" it down. i took it outside and shot it and its shoots fine. no rubbing.