Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

playing in my local woods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrpauliemason

Nov 8, 2009
hi guys - bit of advice really !

my lads 11yr, and 12yr always into xbox cod games etc etc, I'm thinking it might be a good idea or bad idea? to get them into paintballing as I live near hinckley paintball centre - so on occasion will go down there.

I was thinking of the tippmann bt4's (packages) for us three - but I was thinking more on the lines of just blasting them about down our local woods or when we go camping, just the 3 of us - is this a bad idea!!?

they come with a co2 12oz cannister I presume I can get them refilled at hinckly for a charge?

any advice as not sure whether to get these!!!!

ta

Syd (NSPL)

NSPL and Pr0to KotH
Aug 30, 2001
Torquay, UK
www.purepaintball.co.uk
Any decent paintball venue will not provide you with gas fills to use off-site.

Paintball should be played in a safe, secure, insured environment - i.e. at paintball sites.

Do not endanger yourself, your kids and the general public.

mrpauliemason

Nov 8, 2009
I understand the safety aspects - whats the point of buying your own equipement if you get it hired out at paintballing sites - do you never play off sites?

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy
The point of your own equipment is that it is normally much beeter than the sites equipment which means less fogging of your mask, no barrel breaks or gun troubles so you get a whole days play with no hassle. Most sites also run an own gunners day otherwise known as a walk on where people who have their own equipment can come and play for a fraction of the cost of normal.

No playing in local woods as the police will come and stop you pretty sharpish for multiple law breaking.

haz2977

Oct 13, 2009
Because you can take your own equipment to a licenced paintball site on days when they hold events called walk on days..Basically, you take your own gear there i.e: gun, bottle and so on and you buy the balls either at the site or elsewhere.You usualy pay a fee to the paintball club to do a days paintballing with other people that have their own gear. (my local place charges £25 for the day) its cheaper than a public session as you pay alot less for the paintballs. awnsering you other question, if Your gun is using compressed air, you can get the bottled filled up from either a dive shop or a paintball shop for around £1-£2. hope this helps
harry

goldenelite0

Jul 1, 2009
You can't play in your local woods unless it's private land you own (or have permission from the land owner) and it's so much distance away from any public paths. Even if you can legally do it it's never a good idea anyway. Remember that man who got shot when he ran away from cops? Imagine what could happen when they see you carrying a gun.

Best and safest place to play is at a local paintball site.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
The biggest thing is IF you go ahead and play somewhere local, make sure your boys and you know to NOT remove goggles when the guns are out.

I dont recommend it though.

Mactoshdog

LIKES RED
Oct 12, 2008
North East, Sunderland
the main thing is anyone could be out there.... if you hit someone in the eye, then you have no insurance or anything like that.
plus, was it realy worth blinding someone for a cheap days play?

DJForbes

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2009
petitions.number10.gov.uk
Please for the sake of the sport in the uk do not play in your local woods.

shooting a stranger will only result in bad publicity.
also not the greatest example to give kids. here you go boys. go shoot each other in a public place just be carefull not to shoot people walking past or there dogs but if you do run away or we go to jail and prob get sued

Status
Not open for further replies.