Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

points discrepancy between NPPL FAQ and rulebook

NulodPBall

Dec 26, 2002
Southern California
Visit site
Hey, I'm sure everyone's already noticed but the points listed on the NPPL FAQ site (nppl.tv) say that a hang gets you 50 points but the new 2003 rulebook says you only get 40 points and shifts the 10 points over to the first pull.

I kinda think that's a major shift in emphasis...damm, I hate getting shot going for the flag off the break...so many guns, so many balls....

Ray :D

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Actually Ray, the FAQ page has been updated too. First time I've looked at lately and surprise, surprise--if all the questions weren't ones I posed. Ya gotta give the kidz at NPPL and A for effort.
As to the first pull points unfortunately I don't recall seeing anywhere in the rules whether it was dual flag or center flag--though I could'a missed it.

shamu

Tonight we dine in hell
Apr 17, 2002
Now-Cal
While I don't recall seeing it specifically stated that games are dual-flag, section 4.11 (Scoring) refers to pull and hang of the opponents flag, which implies a dual flag format. I also found it interesting that first-pull doesn't matter (subsection iii)

For those who haven't seen them yet, the point structure is:
4.11 Scoring for games will be conducted on a 100-point system and will be awarded as
follows:
(i) A team will be awarded 3 points for every player on the opposing team eliminated:
(ii) A team will be awarded 1 point for every player on said team not eliminated:
(iii) A team will be awarded 32 points if it pulls its opponents’ flag. A team is not
required to pull its opponents flag first. Only one pull per team will be awarded during
any game.
(iv) A team will be awarded 40 points when the opposition flag is hung in the flag station
of the team awarded the points.

Call me Wadidiz, Jr. :D :D :D

NulodPBall

Dec 26, 2002
Southern California
Visit site
Originally posted by shamu
While I don't recall seeing it specifically stated that games are dual-flag, section 4.11 (Scoring) refers to pull and hang of the opponents flag, which implies a dual flag format. I also found it interesting that first-pull doesn't matter (subsection iii)

...(iii) A team will be awarded 32 points if it pulls its opponents’ flag. A team is not
required to pull its opponents flag first. Only one pull per team will be awarded during
any game.
...Call me Wadidiz, Jr. :D :D :D
===
Darn, I had visions of resetting the flag and then pulling it multiple times...run left, run right...run left again...96 points right there!!! :)

Ray "I am the target" N.

NulodPBall

Dec 26, 2002
Southern California
Visit site
The events page needs updating also

Well, call me anal but the events page ("http://www.nppl.tv/2/nppl_events.htm") still lists the flag hang as 50 points...I know everyone who really cares will probably be too busy to notice :)

Ray "I have too much time on my hands" N.