Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Poor Newbie Needs Cheap Weaponary

Smally85

Super5ives 2010 Champions
I'm a poor student and have very recently decided to start paintballing, I've been a couple of times and I'm hooked!

However I need some decent firepower of my own! As I'm a very poor student I was thinking about getting a Pump, guy had one last time I played and it was devastating!

So should I go for a little old Pump or save up for a better gun?

Darkwerks

Oct 27, 2001
London
Visit site
My advise:For pure recreational, stalking-thru-the-woods, you might be able to get away with a pump. If you are going to stick with paintball long term and play fairly seriously, especially at "own gun walk ons" a pump gun will almost certainly be a bad investment. Nothing wrong with pumps, but if you are competing against 13 ball per second high end markers, you are going to be outclassed.

I'd look at getting a good reliable starter marker, maybe an Inferno,or Spyder which can be upgraded to a high level as time and money allows. Or if you are so inclined, for the same amount of money, a second hand Autococker or Impulse would be good choice. In any case, you should always try before you buy. Test play a few games with a couple of different markers. The one that feels right is the one for you.
There are a couple of threads in the classified section that have full ex-rental starter kits going for about £100
Welcome to the game, and see you in the middle :cool:

Darkwerks

Oct 27, 2001
London
Visit site
My advise:For pure recreational, stalking-thru-the-woods, you might be able to get away with a pump. If you are going to stick with paintball long term and play fairly seriously, especially at "own gun walk ons" a pump gun will almost certainly be a bad investment. Nothing wrong with pumps, but if you are competing against 13 ball per second high end markers, you are going to be outclassed.

I'd look at getting a good reliable starter marker, maybe an Inferno,or Spyder which can be upgraded to a high level as time and money allows. Or if you are so inclined, for the same amount of money, a second hand Autococker or Impulse would be good choice. In any case, you should always try before you buy. Test play a few games with a couple of different markers. The one that feels right is the one for you.
However, I'd really look at investing in a decent set of goggles before you spend money anywhere else. Safety (and comfort) first!!
There are a couple of threads in the classified section that have full ex-rental starter kits going for about £100
Welcome to the game, and see you in the middle :cool:

jonhaley

Jun 24, 2002
N/A
Definitely hold out for a semi if at all possible. Most pump will be outclassed by site equipment these days. Theres plenty of cheap spyders, infernos etc around if you hunt a bit

Louber1115

Aug 8, 2002
PA
Visit site
Buy a tippmann

these guns are reliable, easy to shoot, easy to maintain, and can be upgraded into real monsters! I'd recommend the 98 Custom, as it performs well stock and can take down all but the most determined foes.:)

Neddyboy

where's my precious
Jun 17, 2002
Surrey, UK
www.franceforyou.co.uk
I recommend a Tippmann 98 or 98 Custom, a good place to look and get cheaply is when advertised is on the auction site at ebay.co.uk, You can pick up all kinds of equipment people are selling from cammo gear, guns, goggles, pods etc etc.

I have got all my equipment from there. Apart from my flatline barrel.

Team Demonic

Bunker Monkey
Nov 14, 2001
Burgess Hill, West Sussex
Visit site
i'd personally go for JT excellorator ( or however you spell it ) if your going for long term paintballing as this is a good marker and relativly cheap for a tourney grade marker. However spyders and inferno's are good reliable markers for weekend or frequent rec ball use.