Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Pure Energy HPA opinions please help first timer

C

Cerberus

I've found a deal on ebay fo a Pure Energy HPA system with 48CU bottle and 3000 psi regulator.
for $69.99 (£45 or there abouts about what I was going to pay for a co2 bottle)

Is this worth it? is this system a good buy? will it be relieable? will I get plenty of shots out of it? what will I need to get on top of it?
(I can get refills at my local field and i'm not willing to pay all the extra for a dive tank, fill station etc..):confused:

I've also been offered an Arrow 3000 psi system for £199 are arrow any good? especially in comparison to the above.

I'm waiting for the 2002 cocker i've ordered to arrive and I'm torn between getting a co2 bottle or paying a bit more for an air system. (but not much more as I'm on a budget here).

Some advice would be apprciated here, and please don't just say get an Armaggedon or an Angel Air.

ciaran.mooney

Ich bin ein Berliner!
Ok air tank are usually good allround - just make sure its in date when you buy it, not like 4 years out. Also theres a thread hanging around saying that US bottles are tested to DOT standards and for you to use a HP bottle in Europe it needs to be tested to HSE standards. If/when you get it send it off to planet to be checked.

Keep up the good work guarding the underworld, Fluffy.
Who's this!! I am fluffy!

C

Cerberus

Absolutly definatly not a harry potter referance, no not ever.

LOTR all the way but then I have to say that I work for Games Workshop and it's making financing my PB.

Emerson

no longer a newbie
Nov 10, 2001
Indiana, USA
Then why is your name Cerberus? He's the friggin cuarder of the underworld! Just like Fluffy!

Anyway, not that you'd care but, I'm not ashamed to say it, I'm the webmaster of the (or one of the) #1 Harry Potter site on the net. It's either Paintball, golf or Harry Potter. Weird eh?

MuggleNet

Anyway, I thought I was the only geek on the planet that actually could make the connection between Cerberus and Harry Potter.

Emerson

no longer a newbie
Nov 10, 2001
Indiana, USA
I've decided that, sometime in the future, I'm gonna get a nitro tank. Should I get a 48c 3000 psi tank? It's a lot cheaper then the other ones...

Also, can someone explain to me the different between 3000 psi and 4800 psi (or something like that) I know psi means "per square inch", but how does this affect my shots?

ciaran.mooney

Ich bin ein Berliner!
Pressure tanks now come in 3000psi, 4500psi and 5000psi. They affect the amount of shots you get out of a tank because in a 48c tank an 3000psi bottle can say hold 700 shots, 4500psi will hold 50% more, 1050 shots, and 5000psi will hold 10% more etc.

The higher the pressure the more shots you can get out of a tank.

Mark

UK Cougars
Jul 9, 2001
England
www.ukcougars.co.uk
Cerberus

I assume you are in England as you were quoteing £'s the price you have found is good .....but the tank will be stamped DOT you need a HSE stamped bottle for use in England (if you are resident) sorry if that burst your bubble as to saving money just our arcahic laws