Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Question on bunkering again

CROOKED-POPO

***ud father
Apr 12, 2002
Visit site
When the person you want is not looking and his cover man has no line of fire into your route, go for it. Think about what you're going to do next though, because it won't do you any good to bunker someone just to get lit up by someone on line with you.

Billteamdirt

Apr 15, 2002
Not sure never been there
Visit site
experience and teamwork are the two best ways..

with experience and also perception i guess you read the field and when the factors fall into place i.e. all the mugee's cover guys are looking the other way/ you hear the poor sap pop a pod to re-load...things like that then you go mug him.

with teamwork you can generate these oppurtunities...your cover guys turn on the paint sprayers and tuck everyone else into their bunkers...one of your guys leans out and catches the attention of the muggee so he starts shooting the other way just when you go do him....that's the best time cause he will not hear you over his own firing and as you are moving up you know without a doubt which way he's looking...

i know it's pretty vague, but that's as good as i can explain it without showing you

Billteamdirt

Apr 15, 2002
Not sure never been there
Visit site
it is really it just requires some instinct and coordination.... the best way to learn the best time to do it is to go onto the field as an observor find a spot and just listen and watch (it's amazing how much information you can get by just listening. Sometimes you can tell what side of the bunker he is looking out of by the noise or lack of noise he makes when he talks) and watching for the shadow that is creeping out from one side allowing you to skip around the other side and pop him....then go out there and try bunkering some peeps....nothing teaches like the burned hand after all :) go out there and try mugging some peeps and even if you get hammered that's ok you WILL learn from it.

Subterfuge

Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
What I tend to do before I bunker someone is to figure out if he is right handed or left-handed. I also check to see which side he pops out the most. Sometimes you will find people who pop out only on one side. Rush the opposite side!

jeevusmaximus

Jan 12, 2002
If its the situation where he/she pops up then you pop up, wait till he/she shoots at you and get ready to run. When he/she goes behind his/her bunker, (all assuming that noone else will see you) get up and run to his/her bunker while shooting at it to keep him/her down. Also, if you do come under fire, you can move to a different spot and possibly suprise him/her, the next time they pop up and shoot the wrong bunker.
This is probably better for woods play.

Simon Malone

Nov 30, 2001
Hook, Hants
www.nspl.co.uk
If your going to mug the guy remember your not always going to survive the move. Sure it's a bonus if you do but don't get too hung up if you don't.

The best way to do it is to run up, put two balls in his face and get back around his bunker. Running straight past is a risky move because if you miss him your screwed, plus his team mates will already be mowing you. As for the best time, you should be looking for several things, pots flying up in the air, paint coming out of the other side of his bunker. My personal favourite is wait to hear him make a call, if he's shouting to his team his attention is about 80% on making the call and getting a reply, and only about 20% on you.

Muggings are good fun, but it's a fine line between doing it properly and making a twat out of yourself. Oh and making a twat out of yourself hurts alot, try not to do it.

Good luck,

pbshadow

Jun 3, 2002
home.
Visit site
ahh.. right when u pop and start shooting.. if it is quiet, (besides ur gun just keep shooting, standup up and run. plaster him on the run and kep going to the next bunker.. then the enemy is like" what the hell?" and now u in their zone