Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

rec ball or not?

dannyp16uk

Nov 2, 2001
peterborough, england
Visit site
ok im not sure if i play rec ball or just nothing,you see i started paintballing 2 years ago and have enjoyed it so much that i went every month to twice a month at my local paintball site(just started)i now go on a regular basis and go to meet people have a laugh and play my fav sport.
am i playin rec ball?.or just ....paintball?

tb-303

Shootin’ fools shootin’ fools
Oct 8, 2001
wolverhampton, UK
i'm glad someone brought this topic up.i was wondering what the medical term for rec-ball was?
tb-303
BTW Buddha is that really you? coz u look like fred durst.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Dammit! Why do people keep saying that?
Fred Durst looks like me! I'm older than he is, so I claim copyright!

It's just the bad lighting that causes the resemblance, if you'd see me for real, I wouldn't look like him at all.

What I would say to be rec-ball, would be any form of paintball that is not tourney, and is done with the sole purpose of playing paintball. So a group of friends/co-workers/bachelor party goers/whatevers renting some stuff for a day, as a means of teambuilding or a novelty experience, doesn't count as rec-ball. However, as soon as you say: "This is cool, let's do that more often", and you start going to (a) site(s) (semi) regularly, you're playing rec.

Hope that helped.

Hmmm, this would be a perfect question for Tyger to answer....

tb-303

Oct 8, 2001
wolverhampton, UK
wow such a quick response.it's like a really slow chat room!
tb-303
no offence meant for the fred durst comment.

tb-303

Oct 8, 2001
wolverhampton, UK
Thats it,i'm off!
good bye newbie forum i recon i'm officially a rec-baller!!!
LOL!!
Buddha3 says so!

tb-303
BTW Buddha whens the web site happening?the front page has me interested!

Tyger

Old School, New Tricks
Rec-Ball is teh catch-all term used by tourney guys to describe what isn't tournaments. :D

Seriously, That's what it basically is. A label of convinencence. If you play occasionally, and not for comps, you're into 'rec ball' according to others. :) Just play 'ball, enjoy it.

-Tyg