Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Rec Paintball in Scotland

Elmo

Mar 12, 2002
Aberdeen, UK
Visit site
Hey everyone

I was wondering if anyone can give me more information on the rec scene in Scotland.
Myself and a few mates have played at our local site a number of times using rental equipment and love the sport. We would all really like to get more involved, but as far as I can tell, rental days are the only option around here.
I have done a bit of browsing on the web and discovered that there are more paintball fields in Scotland than I had first thought, but none of them made any mention of walk-ons (or big games or tournaments). Are there any fields in Scotland that let you use your own equipment?
I also couldn't find any paintball shops in Scotland either. Are there any?
Most events I have seen advertised are held in England and I find it annoying that I may not be able to get more involved in paintball purely because of my location.
Can anyone shine any light on this situation?

Gazz_KW

RIP - Keltic Warriors
Feb 28, 2002
Leeds....eh up lad!!
Hi there, bit far for you to come... but if you are ever down in Edinburgh, We (The Keltic Warriors) use the local SKIRMISH site their (Dave the manager is even a team member) we are planning a walk on day on the 7th April, check out our web page for details..... www.kelticwarriors.co.uk

John Molloy

Jedi Master
Jan 9, 2002
Manchester
ukjaguars.com
Anything near Aviemore? I'm thinking of letting my GF have a saterday shopping and find a site cos its bin a while since I played (withdrall symptoms piling up hence the Migraine).

Elmo

Mar 12, 2002
Aberdeen, UK
Visit site
Thanks for the invitation to Edinburgh Gazz. Won't be able to make this walk on, but will keep an eye on your website for things in the future as I've got a mate down there that I could crash with.

As for the rec-scene in Scotland, the lack of response to this thread kind of speaks for itself - there isn't one! :(

So, either I (we) just accept this and continue on as it is now, or try and do something about it. Is there not a demand for walk-on in Scotland, not enough paintballing population, or do the sites just choose not to provide this option?

Perhaps our English friends can give us an insight into how things have progressed on their side of the border. Can you tell us how to improve our rec scene!?

Gazz_KW

RIP - Keltic Warriors
Feb 28, 2002
Leeds....eh up lad!!
Originally posted by Elmo
Is there not a demand for walk-on in Scotland, not enough paintballing population, or do the sites just choose not to provide this option?

think it is a combination of the two, the lack of interest from the sites to encourage regular players (clubs, teams etc) as these players usually want things a bit cheaper etc.
therefore a real lack of highly interested players.....
things can only get better! as they say..