Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Refs, Rules And Formats

Jon C

Do you play with balls?
Feb 1, 2005
Whore house
www.ontargetpaintball.co.uk
Obviously the federation is in its early stages and I totally respect all the effort and time people in this industry are putting in.

Obviously somewhere down the line the federation will financially help a lot of the board members but not all, and to be truthful this is a good thing it keeps the uk maket alive.

With it being in its very early stages, it probably hasn't been discussed yet but will all the sanctioned tournament events have the same rulebook? be it 100% Millenium rulebook, a revised one very similar and based on the millenium series rulebook or a totally new one etc.

Will all the formats be perfectly simetrical at both sanctioned events so that if any end of year play off occurs no teams from either league have an advantage?

Also has any thought gone into a recognised qualifaction in reffing such as the millenium does with the Euro Refs. (obviously without Ulrich von idiot running it!), and that all refs have to have this so that we can finally get a consistancy between tournaments, fields and refs!!

Just something for everyone to mull over :)

Jon

Syd (NSPL)

NSPL and Pr0to KotH
Aug 30, 2001
Torquay, UK
www.purepaintball.co.uk
The short answer is yes to the standardised rulebook.

The Federation is aligned with the EPBF and ultimately the World Paintball Federation which will be publishing standardise rules and format details to be used across the globe.

chrizwheatley

Northern Baller
Sep 23, 2007
Near Newcastle
Going off Jon c's post...

I personally would love to attend a ref training course, would be great if we could become certified refs of course at our own expense.

Does anyone in the uk offer this service? I know other industries offer a certified type thing where you pay to get certified and then you reep rewards after.

For example the SIA you pay to do the course and for a badge and you make it back by working using the qualification (and your deffo quids in to be fair, my badge has payed for itself 100 fold +).

I just thought to myself there i wonder if russ and the UKRefs could run something like this as they are the most experienced refs in the uk? :D

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
I would be happy to run a ref clinic if the Federation require it.

I am a founder member of the UK Refs, with some 18 years' experience of reffing in the UK, Europe, the Far East and the USA.

I would of course run this in conjunction with the UK Refs.

As for why I am the best choice to do this? Simple - I always have a pen.

:)