Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Reg/Bottle stuck

Will L

CUCKING FUNT
Apr 21, 2007
Right well every day I do a bit of snap shooting for 20 minutes or so just around the house.

I screwed in the bottle to the ASA, left it in my room for 30 minutes. Went for dinner, came back, did the snap shooting and then could not for the life of me get the bottle off.

The first thing I noticed was when trying to unscrew it, it wasnt unscrewing, the bottle cover was just spinning around the bottle. And it only does this when its warm/hot.

So I took the cover off and tried to get the bottle off. I jammed it inbetween my legs and tried unscrewing it which would not come off, and eventually leaded to the reg unscrewing off the bottle.

So now, the reg is stuck screwed into the asa.

Its not cross threaded, well at least it shouldnt be. What I do think though is, as its so hot today. Leaving it attached to the gun for 30 minutes in the heat could of expanded something (oring?metal?) and jammed it in.

Any suggestions?

jack_judge

Tree or not #1 Member
Mar 7, 2008
Cambridgeshire
wrap a towell around the marker and place that on your bed with the reg hanging off get a cobra tooth(strap wrench) around it a plastic grip that holds strong around cylinders and apply light pressure maybe put a pillow on the marker and try and turn it if you can put a towel around the reg and use a vice grip if it doesnt work maybe try keeping it cool

hope that helps

Will L

CUCKING FUNT
Apr 21, 2007
I dont have a strap wrench, but have tried having someone wrap a towel onto the marker and twist it one way while I twist the reg/bottle the other (yes I have been doing it the correct way to unscrew) but still no success. At the moment I have left it in the coolest place in the house and hoping to give it another go.

Will L

CUCKING FUNT
Apr 21, 2007
Will do, just tryed unscrewing it now its cooled down, still no success. Will give rubber gloves a go ;)

jack_judge

Tree or not #1 Member
Mar 7, 2008
Cambridgeshire
and eventually leaded to the reg unscrewing off the bottle.

So now, the reg is stuck screwed into the asa

its just the reg stuck in the bottle

Will L

CUCKING FUNT
Apr 21, 2007
Yes its just the reg. When the bottle detached from the reg it p*ssed out all its air. So I cant dry fire anything.

Alex R

Fusion 141
Jul 15, 2006
North Yorkshire
Last time I had something jammed, I used a wide girth rubberband, wrapped that around the object (because of it's shape and nothing else word work) and gripped it with a t-shirt, seems silly but it bloomin works as the grip is unbelieveably strong and most people have a rubber band lying around somewhere

Also two people are better than one!