Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Reg Gauge threads

Marcus Geezer

Platinum Member
Can anyone help?

I have a a pure energy 1.1L fibre wrap which was born 2003/05 (just been hpac tested) and the gauge kept sticking at 2k. No prob I thought just change the gauge, so i was supplied with a bob long gauge, and the diameter of the thread seemed very very slightly bigger than the existing, and since got hold of a dye gauge and it appears the same.

The new gauges screw on about one thread before becoming more than I can tighten without tools. I'm not sure if the old gauge looks thinner cos of wear, or if the new ones are supposed to be this tight? The difference is very marginal.

Until I take further advice I'm not gonna attempt to tighten the new one with tools in case I damage the reg.

Can anyone help? :confused:

EDIT: After having someone with a bit more experience than me look at this it seems clear that the gauge removed has a different thread than the two gauges I have (being Bob Long and Dye).

I'm therefore now looking to find out about the different gauge thread types on air bottle regs. Anyone with any info about this can you please post up.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
it sounds like the threads on the gauge are 1/8npt, and the reg has an1/8 bsp thread. I normally run a die over the gauge to suit the reg then loctite the gauge in. I'll pm you my mobile.

M600

Sock Hats are Cool!
Jan 4, 2008
i also have a problem with the gauge on my air tank so ill post here instead of opening a new thread....
the needle is giving me the wrong psi, i.e when its empty it shows 5000 psi even though is a 3k steely.
basically what i think it is, is the paper with the scale has turned or twisted out of place. how would i go about correcting this??

M600

Sock Hats are Cool!
Jan 4, 2008
kl ill give that a go with an empty tank just to be spafe ^^