Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

"Researching" cheater boards? Look here!

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
But your limited by loader speed, which is as fast as a lot of us can shoot anyway.

The only valuid arguement thus far against Full Auto, is Ben's re a punter picking up a Full Auto gat and letting rip.

Thinking long other lines, why don't the gun scrutineers have a key to activate FA just before game on, and then turn it off when leaving the field. That way no-body can have a technical advantage as far as Full Auto, rampant bounce goes.

Yes there are people with Gun Cheats out there, so turn the tables on them..............

Outside the box enough? And anyway, Evil Shark bunker monkey, I needs all the help I can get :D

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Originally posted by stongle
But your limited by loader speed, which is as fast as a lot of us can shoot anyway.
Which is already hitting 30bps with the release of the qloader - how long before the next mad scientist develops a 40bps uber loader?

The only valuid arguement thus far against Full Auto, is Ben's re a punter picking up a Full Auto gat and letting rip.
Plus we'd all need firearms licenses in the UK. :)

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Originally posted by Gadget

Plus we'd all need firearms licenses in the UK. :)
You see thats the thing, I don't understand why you can have full auto soft weapons??????

I watched a vid of what a Minigun did to a tv. That looked a million times worse than been shot 10 or 15 times with a paintball.

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Yeah tis weird that - maybe it's because we use a propellant and they don't.....or something to do with the mass of the projectile?

Hotpoint

Pompey Paintballer
Originally posted by stongle
You see thats the thing, I don't understand why you can have full auto soft weapons??????

I watched a vid of what a Minigun did to a tv. That looked a million times worse than been shot 10 or 15 times with a paintball.
The muzzle energy on an Airsoft Gun is under the minimum level which would make them classifiable as Airguns under the Firearms and Dangerous Air Weapons Acts

They are therefore exempt from Section 5(a) of the Firearms Act 1968

Yes an Airsoft gun really is legally just a toy!

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
You misunderstand me, I am saying a marker capable of 100BPS is not a problem as long as it is semi only. Noone will pull that quickly and paint isn't resilient enough to travel that fast into a breech anyway. I would think that at anything above about 40-50BPS the forces would make it burst - but that is idle speculation on my part, no evidence to back that up

The problem is not the cycling speed of the markers it is the firing mode, anything above 10BPS at full auto is potentially a major problem.

I don't have a problem with tournaments where people all use full auto but you have to swallow the whole pill. If full auto guns are allowed in one place you then have to police where they will show up next. That could be a walk on day, rec ball event etc etc It is simply a line that I don't think should be crossed.

The UK says no to full auto weapons and I don't disagree with that for the greater good it provides.

Full auto = bad
Semi auto = no problem

That's how I see it anyway.

As an aside, does anyone know why the A4's get away with the 13BPS capped full auto mode? Just curious....

Hotpoint

Pompey Paintballer
Originally posted by Ben Frain
anything above 10BPS at full auto is potentially a major problem.

Full auto = bad
Semi auto = no problem

That's how I see it anyway...
I'm told that Insurance companies in the US experimented with F/A and found they could pound goggles to bits which is why it was prohibited by a lot of sites

There was an outcry about paintball related eye injuries a while back which prompted this research

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Ben, I agree from a Safety perspective that Punters with Full Autos is a bad thing. You made a good argument for that, and I doubt we'll ever see a loader capable of +35 bps (sustained). So any theoretical BPS figure above that will likely render your gat ineffective because you will mash paint.

However as far as tournament goes, we are in a situation where the gun cheats are always one step ahead of the scrutineers, so why not level the playing field by allowing Full Auto joy (or at least some assistance ;)) for all?. I've already stated that FA be only activated by the marshals and then deactivated at end of game. This takes away any advantage gained from cheating. I mean cheaters could always up the ante, but I think people will notice the use of Tungsten tipped armour piecing hellfire.

In the absence of any real organisation to disincentivise cheating (i.e. bans from all tournament series), what else can we do? It's a sad fact of life that cheaters are here to stay.

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Glen, I personally wouldn't have a problem with that theoretically. However, in practicality it just won't happen.

Full auto will never be given the ok in the Uk so we are talking states only anyhow.

Suppose full auto was given the go ahead at NXL events. The only way to stop the markers going to dubious hands would be for all the tech9's used there to be locked up at the end of each event.

Otherwise they would be in South Korea faster than you can say 'do not sell these to China!'

We are potentially reaching an impasse of prohibition type moral dilemna. Everybody does it so should legalise it? Well I think one or the other should be decided and then rigidly enforced if necassary.

Either full auto at events is allowed and we swallow the whole pill and can of worms warts and all (not my choice BTW!)

or, the tournament organisers need to stop turning a blind eye and severly punish offenders with an iron fist. Perhaps even more importantly, equipment manufacturers need to make some effort to produce tamper proof boards.

With full auto/ramping/bouncing though, the problem will never disappear, it's the age old moral problem of ...just because we took the time to see if we could, doesn't necassarily mean that we should. (paraphrasing Malcolm from Jurassic Park there, benefits of a classical education ;))