Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Results from Best Team/Player POLL

Well here it is. The results. I first want to thank all you who voted and to the over 600 viewers of the poll. blah blah blah lets get to the results.

Best Team: Avalanche (followed by the SC Ironmen)

Best Player: Chris "Glory Boy" LaSoya (closely followed by Oliver Lange, Weasal and a couple of Euro players)

Other votes went to: Bobby Long for best back man. Dynasty for their killer crew. Rich Telford for back. Ryan Greenspan (Dynasty) for front. UK Shockwave for best upcoming team, as well as the Russian Legion.

I see no one else voted Little John for best player, so i guess i'm alone on that one. Yeah, he's not that good, i've only seen him take Dynasty apart by himself a couple of times. He can't be that good. Jesus. He probably didn't have much to do with BL Ironmen winning Toulouse.........hell yeah he did. He won them the final game and he was also the main killer on BL when Bobbys new team were NPPL Champions. I practiced against the SC Ironmen last weekend to prepare for Atlantic City, and I faced the great Oliver Lange. Yes, oliver is a crack shot and has expert timing. He is easily one of the best players in the world. But I have never seen the timing and precision that Little John has in any other player. Others will start to notice this more when he starts getting back into playing Pro more often. You'll see.
Cya in Atlantic City
Chris
PGI

Justin Owen

American BadAss
Jul 10, 2001
Kenner, LA USA
Visit site
I was born a ramblin' man...

I have a hard time with the whole 'best player' debate simply because there are so many different roles required of various players in the team game/arena. For example, I agree that Little John plays some mean ball...I watched him pull two amazing crawls through the Star Mound field in Pittsburgh last year...following which he absolutely destroyed the two teams they played...but on the same note it would have been for nothing if the rest of his team (Bushwackers, I believe) not done their jobs and held off some very aggressive pushes by their opponents.

All of the players mentioned by Chris above are good picks for great players. The teams mentioned also are meritous choices, I think, though I've never seen Russian Legion play.

The team game is really where it's key. I'm most impressed with Strange right now in that respect...they would get my vote for being the best TEAM in the world right now. Now don't get me wrong...I don't mean to step on the toes of the collections of great players that make up the SC Ironmen, Avalanche, and the like...but watching Strange play over and over again, they much more consistently resemble a single machine at work than any of the other teams, Pro/Amateur/or otherwise, that I've seen lately. They're not as flashy as 'Lanche and don't have the superstar power, so far as I can tell, but they're damn solid and have the "TEAM" game down to an art.

I also think Chris' example of Little John is interesting in one other respect which deserves mention...there's no doubt in MY mind that Little John is as competent, capeable, and talented a player as anyone else I've seen out there. BUUUUUTTTT...he seems to have been back and forth between a couple of teams as of late and has never really been "flashy" on his way to getting the job done. Players who have become associated with the teams they've stayed with, while those teams have become successful, have become more recognized. There are LOTS of really, really good players out there. It's not just about being talented anymore. Being in the right place at the right time can have a lot to do (I believe) with whether or not anyone notices.

Anyway, blah-blah-blah and I ramble. On a personal note, Chris I've enjoyed you're pieces in the 'mag, my friend. Keep up the great work, and best of luck to you and your boys in A.C.!

L8rz...

Justin
Saberwolves

Justin Owen

American BadAss
Jul 10, 2001
Kenner, LA USA
Visit site
Really?

:rolleyes:
I see. Hmmm...and YOU are???
:p ;)

j/k my friend. Hey you still got that infamous pic of y'er lil' one? I'm dying to see it after hearing about it in Chi-town.

L8rz...
Justin
Saberwolves

LARSEN

Jul 17, 2001
Aarhus, Denmark
Visit site
What......?

What is with "and a couple of Euro players" are they not worth mentioning ?:)

I know that the US players are in a league of their own, but we do have few not to bad players in Europe, or........

Ho hard felings. Just wanted to hear who you think worthy of Europe's best player title.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
I say we all vote for FRED SCHULTZ!!!!!!!
Has any of you ever had the (dis)pleasure of watching the 'fun of paintball' video by Brass Eagle? It's a great laugh if you're drunk with a couple of 'balling buddies.
Man, that Fred is a lousy actor!

Anyway, I'm off to the padded room......

Jesus Christ

A vote for Fred Schultz!!! The original father time of paintball. OMG!!!!!! At one point I had forgetten that he once was a huge name in the sport. How times change. How about Oh Pawlak?? That same damn advertisement that has him posing with a girl and wearing his traditional lumberjack style wear. That ad is a way more then a couple years old and they still run it. Does Oh still play???????????? Heres some other has-been names. See how many of these you remember. Post some more old timer teams and players you dont see much anymore. Here are mine. Teams: Stryke Force, Tsunami, the original shockwave team captained by Dave Bassman, the good Fatal Swoop team, not that novice/rookie team they got running around. Finally, the oldest team in paintball, Navarone. What the hell happened to them. I hear they are starting up another pro team next year. Cross your fingers everyone, i'm sure they're the next Dynasty. yeah right. Keep on truckin
Chris

Pave

Jul 11, 2001
Guernsey
www.bouja.com
Oh is still alive and kicking, I remember him posting on Pbcity just 4 months ago. I'm sure Hasbeen would upset him.....

Doesn't he run Predator paintball or something??