Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Robbo U Turn ????

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Davo, I gotta say, it's not just the team who are learning, I think this past six months or so has taught me an enormous amount about paintball at the top end.
Luckily for me, I had just the right players to teach me, if you get what I mean.

Mak_Daddy, I honestly have no idea what we are doing with regard to any more MM events, it's basically a matter of timing.
If they come up in the right slots and we need to try a few things out at that time, then we will be there.
The guys really enjoyed playing the last MM and we were treated so well by the other players and teams, it also gives me an opportunity to try some things out, so I don't really see any reason why we won't be back.

Mark Toye-Nexus

Rushers
Jul 18, 2001
Sarf London
Rancid

Originally posted by rancid
'ere Mark. You gotta be quite amazed by the amount of support and good wishes you're getting. Have you experienced anything like this before - cos i can't remember out.
Honestly I can't ever remember anything like it - and it is absolutely blinding to be part of. There are a few people who have wished us bad luck (and not necessarily people you'd think either) but those are a tiny mionority.

The team don't want to be thought of as all 'piss and importance' but something with a lot of substance. I think we are getting there and it is fantastic.

The team and its sponsors are all investing alot of time and money making another British Pro team competitive, hopefully eventually taking it right to the top. The support we receive can only make it easier!!

What with Shock and Tigers beating up on the Euros it all looks good dont it??

Mark

Silentbob

Gold Mentalist
Apr 17, 2002
Isle of Man
hamptonmanor.org
Originally posted by Robbo
I honestly have no idea what we are doing with regard to any more MM events, it's basically a matter of timing.
If they come up in the right slots and we need to try a few things out at that time, then we will be there.
The guys really enjoyed playing the last MM and we were treated so well by the other players and teams, it also gives me an opportunity to try some things out, so I don't really see any reason why we won't be back.
You had better make time in Nexus' timetable for the Welsh Open in September, I need vengeance ;)

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
From what i have gathered from comments in PGI and from Robbo himself is that playing the odd one or two tourney over here alows the team to get a bit more used to the unpredictability that took them off guard at Huntingdon Beach. In the Super 7s their main competitors are the top teams, highly technical and to an extent predictable in a sense that we know how they play already. But it was the Am teams who played with such a balls out style that seemed to take them off guard at huntingdon.

Since then it seems Robbo and the team have been making great efforts to resolve this issue, both by getting in training sessions with other teams (such as us ocasionally :D ) and by seeing how they fair in the odd local tourney. I cannot comment on the recent MM event, but Series event at Uttoxeter was a real showcase on how well run tourneys over here can be... a million miles away from the '2 bit' type of tourneys Robbo wants to distance himself from.

Practice is always good, as long as it is not does not stagnate a team by always being on top and resting on laurals. Although they pulled it off at Uttoxeter they had some seriously tough games that showed that no-one is perfect................yet :)

And i will leave you with a word from Ledz at Uttoxeter.....
'Diamond' :D