Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Rumour of a Death?

Dan Chase

Jul 18, 2001
Surrey
www.bullswood.com
Does anyone know anything about the death of a tourney player apparently to do with a blood clot from a hit in the neck at the weekend?

If this is the case may I offer my condolences to all those invloved.

Obviously there would be know official confirmation of cause at this time, but I do wonder why there has been no take up in suggested head protection as discussed in this forum recently.

With a sport as exciting as ours I do not feel we can afford to ignore any relevant safety issues.

I hope the news I have read has been misleading.

Dan Chase

paddeo

Jul 6, 2001
Surrey
Visit site
Firstly apologies to all the members of the team and forgive me for replying before you get the chance.

According to today's "The Mail" newspaper a member of "Team Redz" died after being shot in the back of the head whilst playing paintball.

Paddeo

Dan Chase

Jul 18, 2001
Surrey
www.bullswood.com
Put in the picture

Just found out that it was not a death at the weekend but the results of the inquiry into the sad death a few months ago being published. Nothing quite like British tabloid press to lead you astray on a headline.

Still raises the question of safety / close range shots, though following an informed discussion with Mark T, it will be a difficult one to solve.

Dan Chase.

sensei

Jul 9, 2001
east coast usa
Visit site
the verdict...

Keen paintballer

Event organiser Steve Bull said he had made inquiries within the UK and USA and had found no deaths associated with the sport.

Recording his verdict, Mr Morris said he was satisfied it was the paintball game which led to Mr Costin's death.

"It was not the paintball itself but the general activity and engaging in that game that set off a chain of reactions.

"He did this of his own volition - an activity that he enjoyed and his movements on the day triggered off a migraine which became complicated."

here's the URL:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/england/newsid_1628000/1628682.stm

chrono your 'gun's velocity and get those neck protectors, folks!!! and while you are at it... buy a cup.

safety, above all...

Bud

" ..- - .-- .- - " ;)
Jul 7, 2001
HI ya guy's

I would like to say that i was at the inquest given evidence and the information you have read is a bit misleading, (typical tabloid Sensationalism), i have commented on this and tried to straighten this out, below is the linkto the thread.

As for safety, as allways in the tourny we were playing there is never a question of unsafe practice and i can say that there were no hot markers on the game in question.

http://130.94.173.222/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1571

PHIL(REDZ)

Jul 8, 2001
Oxford
Visit site
SAD LOSS

Ken was a very good friend of mine and as I am sure you understand team redz and myself miss him alot. As usual the papers never make much sense and usualy get things wrong.

I think it is great that people are taking an interest and generaly care about this event, I think it shows how grown up the sport is becoming and that the concern of safety is always number one on the list.

Thanks again to everyone involved.