Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

running and shooting

kidzero

ladies love kewl kid
there was an article by jay wijnhold(or so) in one of the latest pgi's which gave a theorie of a running technique which should keep your upper body quite "not-whobbling"(dunno how to explain that in english*G*)

L J

big big titties
when i do this, its not quite full speed

if your body is going full speed it moves to much to fire properly and accurately, however, u can make a stable platform by bending your kness and this acts as a shock absorber, and it enables you to be able to put your bottle on your shoulder and fire while running pretty quick! watch the 12/13th video from leg 3 of m25, and the last 10 secs of it, u will see me (red rase pants) run down the side like this, bunker a guy and grab the flag, it works good and it also makes u low so u cant be seen as much, its like standing still(same sort of platform) except your moving:confused: :rolleyes: :cool:

MrPink

Banned
Aug 15, 2002
Cook$ mom's house
www.ltpaintball.com
Or, alternatively, Watch Dynasty or any of the X-Ball Teams - they all demonstrate this technique excellently.

Incidently, the 'Black Hawk Down' DVD has a feature on the actors being trained by Marine Recon and Delta Force in this very technique - worth watching also as the Delta Guys explain a bit behind the theory on this.

Jay's article was very good too tho;)

Dec 19, 2002
Scotland
Originally posted by MrPink

Incidently, the 'Black Hawk Down' DVD has a feature on the actors being trained by Marine Recon and Delta Force in this very technique - worth watching also as the Delta Guys explain a bit behind the theory on this.

****! Was hopin no1 would mention that :rolleyes:

that s me fcuked lol

Mak D :cool:

Robinator

Yeti Balling
May 2, 2002
High Wycombe
www.dyeprecision.com
practice...

there is no instant way of running and shooting accurately... a new thing though is to push your head against the back of your hopper (easier if you have an egg) in order to make another contact point and stabilise it... i find running full pelt sprinting you can still sweet spot but you need to make sure your back is straight and your centre of gravity is low so that any dips in the floor won't transform into collossal movements topside!:)
Robin

bluelite

Nov 6, 2002
Waco, Texas
Visit site
We call it duck-walking and use it to clear buildings and during active shooter training. I can usually maintain accuracy up to a pretty brisk walk, but you can't really run like this because the whole idea of the technique is to take the bounce out of your step by reducing your vertical thrust. For shooting at a dead run, I suggest doing a lot of it and getting very in tune with your marker as an extension of your sight. Point shooting is what you will be doing at top speed and that is pretty reflexive.