Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Russian Legion not going to Germany!

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
They are not on the team list, and not on the schedule. Why did they decide not to go? is it because Vegas is so close to it? Be a real shame not to have them there! Also no other USA teams other than Dynasty.....? Thought Avalanche were sposed to be playing the Millennium series this year...? No Bad Company...Strabge.......Paintballgateway.....Legacy.......Bushwackers.....Evil.......shame......:( . Joy, Ton Tons are both playing in vegas and Germany......mayber the US teams cant hack the pace of it all....?

Sam:mad:

shwoomie

Trivoga Baby!
Feb 26, 2003
Finland
www.trivoga.com
or maybe the US teams just dont have enough free players or sponsor money since it costs a few bucks to come down here and play!

shame really but i can understand why...russians might have some secret underground cyborg lab in the US to support their player pool that they are checking out :eek: or just practising with the US teams or what not!!

:D :D

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by shwoomie
or maybe the US teams just dont have enough sponsor money since it costs a few bucks to come down here and play!

Nope, teams like Strange have far more money from sponsors than Joy or the Ton Tons. They (US Pros) have been to pretty much every millennium last season, why would it suddenly change..?

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Originally posted by sjt19
Nope, teams like Strange have far more money from sponsors than Joy or the Ton Tons. They (US Pros) have been to pretty much every millennium last season, why would it suddenly change..?
And yet, they still have finite resources and have to make choices about what to do or not do. And, of course, do what their sponsors ask them to do.
In Strange's case they will be at Toulouse, Joy and Campaign and (so I hear) might make Amsterdam.

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
There could also be a problem about how much time they can spend gadding around the world playing paintball. Think about it - 3 days playing each event, plus a day to walk fields, plus at least a day each way travelling, so even if it's over a weekend that's still 4-5 week days away especially if you're talking about cross-atlantic travel. Alright if you work in the industry (say, for a major sponsor of your team) but if you have a "normal" job impossible to get that much time off every month or more than once a month. Even the guys at college or school can't take unlimited time off to play sport.
I worked out that to go to every Millennium would take at least 18 days out of my 25 days annual holiday or more, and we get an awful lot more annual holiday allowange in the UK than they do in the US (10-15 days is typical I think).