Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Scratched Lenses! Need HELP!

Slick13

May 24, 2002
Visit site
Help I have some JT goggles (not thermal nothing special) anyway they are getting scratches on them like from when i wipe them off like little scratches I heard that if you dont wash the lenses off before wiping them off will cause that because of dirt or something anyway any suggestions on how to fix it? And what do you guys use to cean your goggles.

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by Slick13
Help I have some JT goggles (not thermal nothing special) anyway they are getting scratches on them like from when i wipe them off like little scratches I heard that if you dont wash the lenses off before wiping them off will cause that because of dirt or something anyway any suggestions on how to fix it? And what do you guys use to cean your goggles.
Fix em? give paintball shop £19.99 in exchange for new set!
To clean my gogs I use a soft cloth and water. Can't really stop the little scratch's and to be honest I wouldn't worry about them just keep an eye out for any big/deep scratches.

Hope that helps,

Paul.
:D

Julesbloke

Apr 11, 2002
Midlands, UK
Visit site
I give mine a spray with JT Majic spray on the lens and a soft cloth - if you get thermals, you're not supposed to touch the inner lens unless absolutely necessary.

I just use warm water on the frame/protective bits.

Make sure there's no paint left on the lens when you put it back in.

If in doubt about the level of scratching/damage I'd recommend buying a new lens for your goggles - probably better to spend £20 than risk the lens failing during a game.

Cube

M2Q'd eblade or the LV1...decisions, decisions
May 4, 2002
Warrington
Originally posted by nickp
some one told me you should avoid kitchen roll , for barrels and masks...... maybe I misunderstood them
Sounds like you have mate. I've used a spray bottle and clear, (non coloured/dyed) kitchen roll for years with no problems.

Best piece of advice the Pagans ever gave me that.

Dead easy to clear a mask with a pump up spray bottle (£4) and a good kitchen roll (2.50 for 8 rolls from Macro)

:cool:

KCJones228

Tiki Beer God
Aug 20, 2001
Albany NY
Visit site
You should replace your lenses on a regular basis, sooner if you get shot in the glasses from less than 10 feet. JT says never to use any glass cleaners to wash their lenses(like windex) just water and a soft cloth or paper towel. Always carry at least one spare lens in you gear bag, just in case.