Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Servicing Markers - Out Of Fashion?

smudgerebt

Rockin VIP Cocker, So-Manc E1, LV1
Apr 19, 2014
Near Stockport
Noticed that not alot of places actually offer servicing of markers.

Is this because the markers are easier to DIY or more techs at tourneys/big games?

Or just less compaines interested in servicing markers?

longi

Mar 16, 2008
I think that markers are generally more reliable these days. If you were playing back in 1991 you'd know how unreliable they were! I also think that if you take the time out to read the manual it saves a lot of time later in the field. More time playing, less time tinkering. People are also more savvy these days I feel. It makes more sense to know how it works.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Noticed that not alot of places actually offer servicing of markers.

Is this because the markers are easier to DIY or more techs at tourneys/big games?

Or just less compaines interested in servicing markers?
Almost every shop out there will service your marker for you. Just call and ask!

They dont list every product/service they can do on their websites, a call is always best if you are after something unlisted.

smudgerebt

Rockin VIP Cocker, So-Manc E1, LV1
Apr 19, 2014
Near Stockport
3 shops so far, all said same thing.

No. (well it's more "We don't normally do those, but know a man who might be able too")

phil-boy

UK Redskins
May 6, 2004
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
What gun are you having problems with ??

Pretty much every gun out there is easy enough to service and look after by yourself. If your part of a team with a Gun deal, there is normally one of the team thats pretty good and knows all about that marker.

I have never used them or owned either gun but I know the Planet Eclipse do servicing and believe that Dye do to. Some of the site advertisers at the top of the page sgould be able to help as well. If your going to a "Main" type of Tourney event then most manufacturers normally have some sort of on site gun techs.

Failing that Youtube is your friend or dare i say it PBnation !!!

:D

did243

Luxe/GOG Tech
Feb 17, 2012
pretty much every company/shop services markers?
its not that people are getting more 'savvy' with their markers - i'd say its the opposite! people will drop in their luxe full of paint and a chopped eye ribbon and ask why the eyes dont work and why its breaking even more paint!

On the whole guns are easier to work on by yourself though and people don't want to pay for a 'service' as their gun still works at the time - albeit a very worn down one with parts that have been updated.